translate

Saturday 30 August 2014

HOME JAMES AND DON'T SPARE THE HORSES


Good day my Bloggets. It’s sunny outside and in my heart. Today Hub and I got the bus to our town. OK, almost sat on a ladies knee trying to find a seat, and then removed a huge bag from another person’s lap as the gap for me wasn’t quite as large as one’s self… Thing is when you can’t see, you don’t go sideways, do you? Haha haha. I am not sure if the person was man woman or other, but I said sorry, as I retrieved their shopping.

We found a seat; possible passing a couple on the way, but that is really the hardest part of travel, finding a blooming seat that is empty. Got to town, we didn’t dare go anywhere as it was packed. Last week before school and pay week for many.

It’s not far to our hair dressers, across two roads. It was windy, so the crossing without the beeps was challenging. See, we normally hear the other beeps, then we know that road is flashing too, but with the wind, blind man’s fog as we call it, we couldn’t hear it, so I was determined to find the button as under the button, there is a stick like thing that twirls when the lights change to cross. But makes no sound. So there I was with Michael, my white cane, hehehe. Bashing ankles as thought they were the lights? Well, you would wouldn’t you?

No?

Oh, just me then…. Well, I didn’t hear an ouch, so it was OK. Found the button, OK, through a ladies handbag strap, but got there, it twirled for me and off we went. Passing the familiar shop we frequent and our wonderful Long Chops indicated to the right into the hairdressers. So easy route today. My fave hair dresser did my hair, and it was great, a real treat. I love it. Out of there and back for the bus. Oh God, there was a young girl with a baby on the bus, she stunk. Really B O. She was telling her partner the baby was opening her mouth and shaking her head? Yeah, not surprised, she was probably gasping for air?

We were, time we got off. I’m not joking, she blooming honked.

Anyway, off we got and home James and don’t spare the horses.

Great saying we have in the UK. What does it mean?

In the latter half of the 19th century, Queen Victoria had a carriage driver named James Darling. Traditionally, the Victorian ‘upper class’ called their staff only by their surname. In as much, Queen Victoria calling Mr. Darling – ‘Darling’ - seemed slightly inappropriate. So ‘James’ it was to be.

I heard it came from old horse driven coaches too where the person would tell the footman to hurry. But I like the top answer best.

Heard from my Son today. He’s staying another night with someone. Home tomorrow. He called we had a nice chat but he is loaded with cold. I guess after his music festival. Hub says he was ill last year too.

Tomorrow we are off to town to see the girls. I will let you know how we got on.

   OK, off to make tea now, Hub is getting something out of the freezer, what? Not sure. Our Canary Irish you know, hahaha. Is singing today. So back to normal. With love till later. Xxx

 

 

No comments: