translate

Wednesday 6 August 2014

FAMILY TREE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FAMILY TREE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

In a daze

It’s all a haze

Is it a phase?

Or just me?

Genes or the family tree

The dark history

Full of mystery

All a vicious circle

Black nights and a moon of purple

What goes around comes around one day

Isn’t that what they say?

My Mam told me

When I was a baby

They broke the mould

That is the story she always told

I guess I’m a one off

Unique some would say

I care too much for others

And feel their pain

I go back to forgiveness

 And get wacked again

In this life of madness

But to look in the mirror for me is impossible

What do I see but trouble

Before me standing is a ghost from the past

Whose life wasn’t allowed to last

In front of me is my child

I wondered if the same mould had been left for him

But no, he is another

The circle of a tree

That belongs to me

But branched off to face the rivers reeves

Sometimes willows in the breaze

And then bowing on his knees

I was that oak

In woods of old

With cottages chimneys

Blowing out smoke

Standing tall and strong

Holding on

But now I am cut down

And can’t go on

Unless the sun shines soon

And I see a silver moon

Then once again I shall grow

Nothing will beat me

No harsh winters full of snow

And I will rejoice

And have no choice

But to plant an acorn

For the new born

Then in front of me

I shall be delighted to see

The beauty deep within me

Once again our eyes shall meet

And this poisonous world

We shall defeat

No comments: