translate

Thursday 14 August 2014

THURSDAYS DIARY (THE DUSTY ORCHESTRA)


Good morning Bloggets.  A sunny day today, but not hot. Teen at the gym. I told my friend he was lifting 45k on each arm. Haha. Oops, Em, not quite, when I told teen, he said

“Muu’uu’uum

OK, slightly wrong, try 20k. Well, all of that makes no sense to me, so 45 kaylish maylish

Hub at work in his office today has loads of people in the office so has kindly left me with his beasty girl Long Chops.

 

It’s not lunch time and already she is driving me wild.

 

She keeps coming to me to tell me that Waggatail has her toy… OK LC, well take it from her and stop being a wimp?

You can tell she’s getting old, as one time she would have just took it. But how like children they all are. I can give them one toy each or put a few in the middle of the floor and they all want the same one. Old Black beauty now just walks away, so having a three year old eight in a few weeks and twelve year old, it’s interesting.

 

But they all have one thing in common. They all cast fur. My God… OK, two things, they all recycle their dinners and that is my job later, to do the dog run again. Lovely… Hub says he wants a robotic dog… Oh but they won’t be half as loving or cute? I know he is just saying it for affect as when he is lonely in a hotel room, he really loves LC by his bedside.

 

I heard that in Japan they are inventing a robotic guide dog. God, it will be like taking your hoover for a walk?

 

Also a lot of people offer help when they see a dog; they won’t for a chunk of metal.

 

Yes you won’t have to feed them, clean them and your house will be tidy, but I love my girls. Though it is hard work.

 

No way I could let my BB go. She gave me 11 years of her life and then she gets old and I say bye bye?

 

I’m lucky though as I had a choice, when you live on your own, you have to give them up. So sad. I am sure I won’t be getting another guide dog after my Wagga retires. There are days that I have to go to the Doctors or shops and I would struggle more with my white cane, but I would have to get used to it. I love my girls but they are hard work and when you go on holiday it takes a lot of organising. Also it’s more important for my Husband to have his dog as he works away from the home. Trains and so on. Nightmare if you are totally blind with a cane, as the dog will walk you right to the doors of the train, a stick won’t.

Having said that, I do feel more confident with a white cane for steps, as if my stick goes down, I don’t. If my dog fails to stop at the steps, guess who’s going down?

Splat.

Not a pretty sight.

 I fell down the tracks some months ago. It was awful. Teen guided me.  I didn’t hear him telling me about the step onto the train, and down I went. Oh I really hurt myself and I know of a lot of blind people who have fallen down the tracks and even our LC did a couple of years ago. Hub went to get off the train, the doors closed just as she jumped off and that left Hub on the train, poor LC fell down the track. Oh it was awful.

 

Thank God she was alright and he took her the next day on a train journey to make sure she was not spooked by it. She was a rock.

I’m off on a train for the weekend to visit our lovely friends. A much needed catch up.

 

So, at last my dogs have warn themselves out I guess resting for round two soon? But now my Canary, Irish you know, has started to sing, oh my word?

 

I have some administration work to do today and then back to the blooming housework.

 

God I hate that? Every day the same thing every day looks as messy as yesterday. It really drives me mad. I have been cleaning and cooking since I was seventeen and I’m truly bored of it.

As for cooking? Oh honestly, it’s like camping. My horrible hob hinders me however I try to work it.

 

It’s a flat screen that is touch screen. So no buttons.  It was impossible to find one with knobs or buttons that was electric.

 

Really, designers out there, and I know there are a few Bloggets who are engineers and so on, please when you are making your amazing cookers, washing machines microwaves and so on, think of how you will turn them on without sight?

 

So I asked our Son to turn on my cooker, he did ask how many rings, but, his time is limited. I hate asking him anything, I had to boil potatoes to roast, so they took a while, then there were some carrots which took time, but not so long as the potatoes, then asparagus which took a couple of minutes and cauliflower that took a bit longer than the asparagus  tips

So if I asked for all the rings on, even if I had got them on different numbers, the tips and cauliflower would be like water? As also had to wait for the potatoes to roast.

 

So, the camping, I asked him to put one ring on…. Oh God….. It took forever and by the time I cooked, I really didn’t want anything.

 

The boys had smoked Haddock with that. They loved it. But I had to remove the skin and bones first before cooking, and when you are a vegetarian, not good. Yack with a capital Y.

We in England cook it the odd way, my Husband has never heard of this way to do it, but I have done this since I was a young girl, and people say it is delicious. Just to cook the fish for eight minutes in milk.

 

I put peppercorns in the milk and a bay leaf

When Hub asked how I was cooking the fish when he came in from work. I told him, he said

“Oh, no, that will be awful?”

He ate it and absolutely loved it, so sit down Hub. Hahhaha.

 

Tonight it’s chicken. Teen loves chicken. Shame he no longer is a vegetarian? He has been a meat eater for four years now.

 

I will tell you all, since he has started to eat meat, he has had colds four times a year, stomach pains and so on. He never had an illness when he ate vegetarian food.

 

But I’m a dreadful vegetarian; I eat a very poor diet. I really dislike cooking so much and it really takes a lot for me to cook I know I have to do it for the boys, so never bother with me. There is just me so why? But for my health I really should.

 

Hub is a great cook and he loves to cook for me but never has time. I would love to enjoy cooking, but for me it’s like some kind of torture.

 

And there is ironing today too. Great, I have put it off for so long, well, there will come a time when I will need to get in the room and won’t be able to? Hahah.

OK, I will be back later with another subject other than my dull housework.

 

Good luck to all my young Bloggets in the UK who are receiving their exam results today? Our daughter will receive hers we will phone her later. I am sure she will get the very best results, as she has her Dad’s brain. We are seeing her in a weeks’ time. That will be lovely. Hub misses her very much.

 

Last time she came to visit, we had a lovely day on our river; we took a boat and had afternoon tea at a posh hotel. High tea is typical English, all the silver wear and three tiered cake stand with fancy cakes on scones with clotted cream and jams. Tiny sandwiches too and hundreds of different kinds of tea, well, OK, 22.

We also went into a music shop to buy her some music sheets. She plays the violin and harp. Hub plays the piano and he is amazing at it. Teen plays guitar and I play hell.

X

No comments: