translate

Sunday 24 August 2014

SUNDAY DIARY


 Hi, how are you all today? We have been cooking today. We made a chicken casserole for Hub and our Son as when he comes home from his festival; he will be ready for a good meal, as can’t imagine he has had that many vitamins since he has been away. For me I made sweetcorn soup. It smells so lovely. So easy to make too.

A bag of frozen sweetcorn

1 potato grated

Garlic

Half a grated onion

5 grated mushrooms

Herbs salt peppercorns

2 stock cubes and corn flour

And half a pot of double cream at the end.

For the casserole,

3 chicken breasts

1 onion

1 pepper green

Mushrooms

Garlic

A packet of casserole mix and water salt and pepper

 

Both will be eaten tomorrow with potatoes and carrots for the boys. I must say the smell is delightful. Our neighbours will think we are professional cooks? Hahheheheh.

 

My boy found out the news about his phone bill today. He took it well, though bless him, I’m sure he will be wondering about it how he will pay? I mean, it will clear him out for sure for spending money. We feel bad for him but we did tell him not to text as would be deer as it’s not Europe it’s a ship.

 

It’s going to be the coldest driest winter for many years, one of the coldest on record. Now that they have said that, it will turn out to be very warm/mild and wet… hehehe.

 

Hub and I have had a lovely weekend. I love my man. Just being together and relaxing. He is the best thing to have happened to me within the past five years or so. Our Son before that.

 

My dear BB, is a tiny bit better, but not quick enough for my liking.

 

The birds in our garden are making the loveliest sounds whilst singing. They are eating the berries and they sing so well. The sun is shining but it’s not warm.

The birds are going mad on our conservatory roof. They are brave as we are both just sitting here. I’m sure one is knocking to come in? Next door are eating in their garden. I would think with their jumpers on?

 

The countdown is happening for my trip to the big eye hospital. Dread dot com.

 

My boy has one more night at his festival and then either home or at someone’s house for a night, not sure yet, but I bet he has been freezing camping? He spoke today on the phone and he sounded shattered. He told me he was at a silent disco last night.

 What?

 Well, they wear earphones and dance….

Can you imagine what they look like to onlookers?

As long as he is happy and he met up with his friends so that is great for him. It’s not too long before he is back at college. How this summer has flown?

 

Hub has sport on the radio. He loves it. It’s foreign to me.

 

Odd thing, for two nights, I have had dreams about my Dad. I have never dreamt about my Dad, not ever. When he first died, I had nightmares that there was a conspiracy and he wasn’t dead, but he was not in them like the past couple of nights. And he is talking to me, but when I wake up, I can’t remember what he said?

 

I miss my parents so very much and Hub and I also miss his Mum too. How lucky my friends are who still have their parents. If only they knew? When they are gone, there is no going to see them, picking up the phone or hearing their voices again.

X was so lucky, he had his parents till they were really old and x was about 54 too as he is years older than me. I was only 30 when mine died. Too young.

 

I hope Hub and I out live our parents? As Hub was 42 when his Mum died a couple of years ago and she was 71.

My parents were both in their seventies.

 

But they are not birth parents, so not sure how old the other two are. They were not good people so I bet they live until they are a hundred? They say the good die young, it’s true. I think I will turn nasty, then may live longer? Hahaha.

 

OK, off to eat tea now, Hub cooking it for me. Hmm. It smells so good. A cosy night in front of the telly, I hope there is something on as TV has been rubbish so far this summer. One good thing about autumn, TV gets better.

 

No work tomorrow, Bank holiday. Great.

Thank you for your comments of late on my blogs. Love to hear from you. Xxx

No comments: