translate

Sunday 10 August 2014

PILLOW TALK


I can’t sleep again. Back to the bad old days of getting up through the night and coming down stairs. I’m too tired to do house work and my brain is slower than normal….. Now now?

But still I shall try to write. Mistakes and all.

The wind is wild out there. It’s really like an early November night. As I sit here, listening to the roar of the wind/hurricane Bertha. Who names these Hurricanes? I’m sure there was one called Fifi or Fiona? Charming… I have to pinch myself and remind myself I’m not a Portuguese farmer with his herd of goats. The bells are in fact my wind chimes. One of them is a leather strap with a huge brass bell on it. That is the goaty sound. Then the other chimes are long hanging shapes of moons, stars and so on. I just hope they don’t annoy my neighbours?

 

I’m looking into blind tennis. No, it’s not a cocktail, but tennis for the blind. I mean, I do wonder if

I’m going through a midlife crisis. But I want to do something with our weekends, as really Hub and I are fed up of staying in. So tomorrow, well, today now, I am phoning up the tennis club to ask questions. One of them may be, do they have a reinforced court? The other will be how old are the people already playing, apparently there are 16 members. I just wonder if it is going to be too demanding on me old bones? But Hub and I always said if we could see, that is one sport we would like to try out.

How does it work? Stay tuned and I will let you know when I learn.

 

I’m so hungry, since I have come off my tablets that the Doctor gave me; you know the ones I should not have had? I have back my appetite. This isn’t good for the Fifi flab. But it’s ridiculous; I’m hungry all the time. Really there is no filling myself though at the same time, I can’t allow myself to even half fill myself. Oh but tea last night, as it’s through the night now, was horrible. Really, gross. I won’t even bother writing what it was, as really it was horrible with a capital H.

 

So it’s Monday now, another week. Hub working all day and tomorrow is in Shrewsbury all day.

Teen? Not sure what he will be doing, as he’s had a busy holiday so far with his holiday to Norway and out every day with friends. He’s supposed to be going to a music festival for a few days camping next week, but let’s see if that happens? God, I really don’t envy him for that. Dirt, wet and not nice people.

 

Oh I have an appointment at last to go to the eye hospital. Next month. And the date is when Hub has to be on a course, so alone again, but this time its miles away. I don’t know what to do. My eye is driving me crazy with this blur and it’s the unknown that is worrying me. Two completely different diagnoses from two Doctors both saying there is nothing they can do. Well, I guess the first one at least tried to give me funny farm tablets.

 

OK, I guess I should try to sleep, as its silly o clock and I can hear our Son banging about upstairs, well, either him or a deaf burglar? My speech on this computer will be annoying if he is trying to sleep. As for Hub, he could sleep on a washing line, across a motorway.

 

Wherever you are in the world, I hope peace is taking care of you? Xx

No comments: