translate

Monday 18 August 2014

A MUCH NEEDED WEEKEND


Good morning Bloggets. Well, what a weekend? Firstly we went to our wonderful friends Trix,Like and Hanz house. We went for a meal which was great, so relaxed and normal. Four out of five of us can’t see, so Hanz kindly read the menu. The waiter and waitress were great, friendly too. It was a lovely meal and afterwards Like went off with his trusty guide dog to walk home, bless him whilst we had the luxury of a car.

 

Every time we go to each other’s houses, we see what we have all done to change or buy new for the house, well, it’s a great idea, if you think about it, the only time we know what’s new or what’s to go for or avoid like the Bubonic plague, is buy being comfortable enough to look in our blindie way so to touch when we go to each other’s houses. No pressure and we all know how to describe things to each other. Oh they had a beautiful front door. I know it sounds funny, if you can see, but with sight, you drive through your neighbourhood and see without even realising, doors, windows, gardens, fences, water features, drives and so on. You walk into others houses and you see the new coffee table, you see the wallpaper and lamps. We don’t so we go into a box. Sit still and some of my friends, show me their kitchen they have just had fitted, but we will stand in it whilst they tell us. This is like you as a sighted person smelling a rose with a peg on your nose. And I would feel really uncomfortable if my friends asked me to touch things, no way, I wouldn’t. As we would be watched and it’s horrible.

 

Like was so proud to show me his lovely garden. And too right, so he should be. It’s lovely and designed by them and a lot of their own work.

 

Oh It was great, to just walk through their garden, Like guided me but it is like being guided with sight. I’m not kidding. To be guided by another blind person, without sight is such freedom. This is how I felt when I first met my Husband. It’s totally relaxed and we are all the same so all know what to say, how much to explain and just shadow their footsteps.

 

It was a weekend I needed and Trix and I are going to see each other more often. I couldn’t believe it has been four months since I last saw them.

 

Door to door we only live an hour away. So a taxi, train and lovely Hanz’s car.

 

Well, another blog soon, as so much more to talk about, but for now, I shall grab a cup of tea and will be back. X


No comments: