translate

Wednesday 6 August 2014

TIRED NOW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Tired now

By Fiona Osborne

It’s silly time in the morning

My face is stretched with yawning

Eyes like rusty nails

Weariness leaving trails

The birds are starting to sing

As dawn blows a breaze on a wing

The forever navy nights  are turning blue

My pillow waits with feathers of weight

To dream all that is good and great

So I shall have four hours sleep?

Until it will be time to creep

Not to tell my needy slumber

That dreadful number

Which tells me it’s normal to be awake?

Normal for whom?

It’s my bedroom

So not my choice?

Embrace the day and rejoice

This is what they say

But I just want to sleep the sun away

And wake again with silver stars

For another land beckons me, though it’s from a far

A land of candy dreams

And pure streams

A sleepy village

No tears no spillage

A forever dream of love and hope

Take me to my bed

Throw me some rope

For my legs won’t carry me now

Those stairs are mountains

I have to get there but how?

Passing the Golden fountains

Goodnight and sleep well

Let’s hope for a night of comfort

And not absolute hell?

 

No comments: