translate

Saturday 13 January 2018

Working life by fiona cummings


Good evening Bloggets. Outside it’s so dark even though it’s only 4.53 according to my timepiece… Alexa. Did you know Alexa wasn’t her first name choice? It was Emma. So, why Alexa? Because they wanted to choose a name that wasn’t an everyday word… Otherwise she would answer every second of the day and drive us mad…  

 

For those who have people in their houses or animals with names that sound like Alexa, you can choose to call your dot either Amazon, or, Echo…

 

So, how do I know it’s dark? Well old Bloggets old as in long term readers will know the answer but for those who don’t, I can tell by the feel of the air and the still of the night… The sounds cars make outside is different to what it is during the day. The birds which are seldom in winter, are less songful by night. And, I keep an eye pardon the pun, on the weather and what time it’s expected to get dark… but I only hear that weather on average once in a blue moon, most times I know because of the above!

 

It was lovely to see my friend. We are the same age, come from the same area of the country, are the same height, same hair colour, but I keep telling her, I’m the natural blonde. To which she reminds me, she is the skinny one, hahahah, yep, good pals. She’s like a footballer’s wife, and I’m me. The closest I have been to football is the bitter cold Saturday mornings when I would take my Son as a small boy to football practice, oh, and more lately, playing with a burst ball that found it’s way over our fence that our dogs let’s say, kind of changed the shape of.

 

Here we are another weekend. Hub is shattered after a week at work I think the hardest part of going back to work after a holiday, is, well, just that, going back. My Husband gives 100% into his work. When he was with his last organisation, I travelled with him on a couple of trips, gosh, it was amazing to watch how he just had such presence among his colleagues. He isn’t work shy and he really makes things happen. He is a leader for sure and when he started working for the organisation he works for now, I did worry he would tire of it but no, he is tired of the travel over two and a half hours each day and though he doesn’t drive, he communicates a lot with people who think of him like some kind of therapist. Bless the guys he commutes with, I am sure each one thinks that they are the only ones who talk about their troubles to Hub. Hub has made his job work by introducing more than what is necessary. Just to keep his brain active as if he hadn’t done that, I am sure he would be bored now as things would just be too easy for him. He used to be involved and sometimes, he was the main decision maker and really changed so much in his field. He just knew when to take what some people would call risks, but to him they were matters that had to happen, would happen and did happen. And, thankfully they were the right decision!

 

He has said for years he wished he had studied law. He would have been so good at that, many times at work he has guided people over the years to the right door to walk through and as my darling Dad used to say, saved their bacon… I’m still not even sure where that saying comes from, but it still sounds right especially in that contents.

 

Today he was given another big contract, not sure where who with or what even for, as I don’t ask as he doesn’t tell, but he was really happy about it. As this is his second since he went back after Christmas just five days ago.     

 

My Son has had a heck of a week, everything has gone so very wrong for him. I feel so bad for him, sad too. When he is going through a rough time I feel I’m sure ten times worse than he does. And, he doesn’t understand why this is. First, he was pulling out of a car park and it was icy, so he skidded into a barrier. Then after finding out that to fix his car could cost up to £600, his back tire went flat. New tire, second one in two months. Then his computer that hasn’t worked since he bought it a year ago, because it’s still under guarantee, he took it to Curry’s our electrical shop where he bought it from, and they took ten days to tell him, there was nothing wrong with it… My Son knows quite a lot about computers, he studied it, but has given up the game on fixing them especially when they are under a year old… That’s up to the shop. When he got home, he realised that shop where his computer was in for a check-up, charged him a strange amount of money, £9. He said he didn’t even give them his card because he thought it would be free because of the guarantee. So, who used his card and how? But, he wouldn’t look into it, so, he’s twenty now, what can I do? And then his iPhone broke. Many phone calls later, no one would fix it, even a place called phone fix… Em, there’s obviously something wrong with the name of that shop/business…at least one of those words should be removed from the title.

 

Another week has gone. We are already into the second week of the year. But hey, the birds are starting to sing, the daffodils are out and soon it will be sunny at nights

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: