translate

Monday 15 January 2018

THE LADY FROM THE STAR BY FIONA CUMMINGS #PoetryByFionaCummings


THE LADY FROM THE STAR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

she was there

I saw her

Silver hair

A sweet face without a care

She was like a whisper in the soft flowers

Like raindrops in April showers

Fragrance like the sweetest buds

Making indoors seem like pine needled woods

All was good

Going to be fine

Lost in time

As if picking fruit for red wine

Throwback the modern way

Go to the simple days

The sky was blue

No haze

Was this true?

Her eyes were there but not brown, green or blue

Just there

Her smile was soft, though no mouth, or teeth

What was happening, I was in disbelief

Who was she where had she come from

As she left I felt like a grain of sand

On a windy prom

I wanted to chase her, grab her hand

It was then I realised she had wings

And she flew far

Reaching up to a shining star

Then I heard the birds sing

And the church bells did ring

But how could that happen?

It was winter

Birds were hiding

So cold the air hurt like a splinter

And near me there wasn’t a church

So, no birds did perch

And no bells could ring

Since then I have searched

But she has kept away

I hope she will return, one fine day

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: