translate

Friday 5 January 2018

DIARY OF NATIONAL BIRD DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. My Husband and I went for a walk today with our dogs, of course not letting them off for a free run, I’m so afraid in case they either get taken away, run away, or get attacked by another dog. But we have found a field that we can pay for for half an hour and allow them to have a really safe run in a field for themselves. What a great idea of course we have to find out how to get there first and then how to get back. Especially with two possibly dirty dogs, even if we take a rucksack with towels, they still can’t be clean enough to put in a taxi. As for the bus route, not sure if it’s on one… lots to learn before we actually do it but I am so looking forward to seeing our two dogs running playing having fun on a safe field where we know there will be no other dogs, and the sweetest thing is this particular field the owners also organise a day where you can have your dog on the field with others, only one day per week they do this the rest of the time it’s a private field for your dogs only, up to four of your dogs at a time. Amazing. Excited dot com. Haha.

 

I received a text today from my lovely dog walker June. Remember she had a heart attack about six weeks ago? Well after that, the Doctors still let her fly all the way to New Zealand for three weeks to be with her Son. She got back yesterday and wants to take our dogs out tomorrow… Our dogs will love it. I will be so worried until they are back this is why I want to find this field and how to manage that…

 

I was shattered today after our walk but on the way back we met up with our friend. He gave us some sweets bless him… as if we don’t have any? Gosh after Christmas, we still have so many. Did I tell you I got a rack like you see in shops and it had, 200 lollies on it. I think there may be about 173 left. I have been really trying to take care and not eat too many of them. When my Niece’s and Nephews came I meant to give them a bag but totally forgot… I guess I shall have to eat them…  Such a job.

 

Today is National Bird Day and on our walk, along a very peaceful avenue as peaceful as one can find in a city, very high up, there was the most beautiful song being sang by a robin. Well that is what my Husband said it was… oh, the song was the best. I just wanted to stop and listen. How can you not smile when you hear such a sound?

 

He sang to us as we passed by. We tried to work out if he was sitting in a tree or on the top of a house roof. If it was a tree, it was a tall tree…

 

There’s always something so very special about a robin singing especially at this time of year.

 

Today there was a service for the most wonderful brave people who saved lives from the Manchester Arena bomber last year. Such a tragic night that will have the worst affects on the people who lost loved ones. Senseless cruel evil reasons behind the bombing, what did those people ever do to that one suicide bomber. No God would agree with killing innocent children and adults. Both Mother and Father were killed leaving two daughters to suffer for the rest of their lives. Innocent children without parents now.  

 

There were some real heroes at that venue, and then there were two humans who were and are the scum of the earth. The bomber for one, and a homeless man who got praised for trying to save people when guess what? It’s just emerged that he was actually robbing people as they lay dying. Oh, my word.  

 

We didn’t go to the pub quiz last night I just wasn’t feeling it. I don’t think one of the people we go with was impressed at our decision but I’m sure he would have done as well without us as if we were there. We are rubbish. And we are watching mastermind now, on TV and between me writing this, and bear in mind, I have to listen to my lap top as I type, I’m getting every other question right the ones I don’t know my Husband is answering, and Master mind isn’t easy, but that just shows you how difficult the questions are at the pub…

 

My Son has been working again all day. By the time he has his next day off, he will have been working for seven days in a row.

I wonder if he will go to visit my ex this month? If he does, I will be surprised if he visits one of my ex’s girlfriends, as there are a few, my ex, wouldn’t know loyalty if it hit him in the face but from what I can gather, this particular woman he is seeing right now, goes by the name of Sharon, is a bit of a one… So, he’s best off not sticking with this one.

 

Our Son has joined a new gym. I’m so happy for him because Shamrock hates the gym and when they got back from their last holiday, it looked like BW didn’t want to go back to the gym. But this new one has given him a new look on life. He goes swimming too and uses the steam room. He went four days in a row. It’s so good for him. I envy him.

 

Well, do you have that Friday Feeling? What even is that now days? Not that many people have weekends off work these days, do they? Also, is it just me, but the weekends used to seem so much longer. They fly by now.

 

A busy day tomorrow for us then one day left before back to work for Hub and myself… three weeks of a break for us two. My Son only got a couple of days over Christmas. Mind you, him and Shamrock did have four holidays last year.

 

OK, before I fall a sleep on my chair, I shall go into our kitchen and make our Sons dinner for when he gets in from work. I expect he will come home, eat shower and go to Shams. I think he starts work tomorrow morning at six. So, he will have to get up about half five in the morning.

 

Chat tomorrow and by the way, thank you for the shares and reads for my last blog White Cane and Able, as it’s the second most read blog ever that I have written.

 

Take care, stay warm especially if you live in parts of the US. My cousins, we are expected to receive your weather when you are done with it… You are so generous to us… But we love you.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: