translate

Thursday 11 January 2018

THE BUMPY PATH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Today my eyes feel as if they have been cut and lemons are being freshly squeezed in the cuts as well as that, elastic bands are being wrapped around my eyeballs and they are getting tighter and tighter, as well as that, yep, there’s more, they are being kicked by someone wearing pointy boots. Normally I get one kind of pain but not three together.  If I had painful eyes and I could see, it would be a battle I would be prepared to win, but because my vision doesn’t exist, and I have this pain, it’s more like salt being rubbed into the wounds rather than lemons being squeezed into the cuts, I’m in battle and I’m losing!

 

When Hub came home from work last night he looked so fed up. I said nothing and the night continued. I hope tonight he will have had a better day. Bless him. I wish I could earn money so that he didn’t have to work. If a cure came and I was given sight, what job could I do? Certainly, more opportunities would open than what they do if you can’t see. We hear of the wonderful people who are fortunate to work who are also blind, or partially sighted, and I’m so glad for them. There are also people who work who have just been diagnosed being told that their vision will deteriorate and they already talk about leaving their job, if to study for work that they can do if they do go blind I understand, though it’s so difficult to get back into an occupation once blind. I always tell those people hang in there study perhaps but don’t give up your job. Just adapt. 

 

Today it’s cold but the birds are singing for the first time in our garden for a month.  I have heard birds on a walk to the shops and when Hub and I went out last week but not in our garden for so long. Daffodils are being sold in our shops, so spring is really on it’s way. Before all that, comes my birthday. A day I’m dreading and I want to either go away for the day or, stay in bed and the latter isn’t possible because I have my dog… so, FifiBookABreak.com may happen…  I can dream.

 

Just a smile, I was reading something today that read.

“Make yourself a money magnet.””

Then I read on… Just underneath that possibility was written.

“Empty content information…

Hahaha. More like empty pockets.

Something else I was reading today is, strength doesn’t come from controlling our emotions, but from learning how to control how we respond to them.

Gosh, easier said than done… Fiery Fi speaks then thinks…

 

Here are some quotes I liked today. “It’s not about who gets there first, but who’s had the most fun on the journey.””

“When was the last time worry ever solved a problem?”” That’s true… but what do we do about this? I can see telling ourselves that worrying doesn’t solve our problems, may limit the small troubles in life and give us a wake-up call, so maybe these small worries we can remember these words, worrying won’t solve our problems… as for the bigger issues? Just know our path way is planned even before our birth, that’s what I believe anyway. Heck my path has been one of undulating walkways. I have always told myself that I’m suffering because there’s better to come. That better was my baby, followed by someone who came in the form of my Hub, but then my beautiful Son started on his path all on his own independent of me and I have to now watch him climb over those rocks and bumps in the road and expected to say and do nothing… That is the toughest thing about being a Mother. We want the best for them and when that doesn’t happen, it’s torture to watch our kids destroy their lives when we have lived and we know what to watch out for to protect our children but we can’t because they won’t listen and they think they know best… I know so much I can teach so much an yet my words to who I need to listen falls on his pathway as he kicks them away to again face the bumps of life!

 

Well, we are out tonight, let’s see how it ends up? And tomorrow I’m out with my friend I know I will love that.

More later with love.

And remember, Mum knows best…

 

No comments: