translate

Thursday 25 January 2018

THURSDAYS THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Another early morning and another day with our decorator. I picked the wrong colour for my walls. It’s very light cream. I hoped for a strong cup of tea with a little milk… as for the colour on my walls? Smile, just joking, that is the colour I was aiming for but the tin lied. My Son looked at the colour on the tin and it looks much darker than what is on our walls, I guess a lesson is to buy the sample pots. I always used to think, what’s the point when I can’t see them either? Well others can… We are so used to doing everything on our own, I forget to ask our Son. I try not to ask him for help as it’s not his fault we can’t see. But in future, I am going to have to ask him colours.

 This painter has been here every day from half eight in the morning until five each night for the past four days. He must be shattered. He never leaves to go anywhere just keeps going to his car but for no more than one minute. And he is so very quiet.

 

We are just going to have to be very careful not to ever touch the walls as they will show every single finger-mark. So, soon, may be tomorrow, we will put or try to put our curtain pole up again. Out will come the ladders and Hub will do his balancing act. There are four parts to it, so God help us… And then hanging the pictures the correct way… I don’t want my angels standing on their heads!!!

It has, been known…

But that angel was a Christmas light up decoration for outside.

And the difference?

Well, obviously one is a light up decoration and the others are beautiful paintings. But, none of them are obvious which way they go… Wouldn’t it be great if every picture frame and photograph frame has on the top left corner a tiny raised dot, just to let us know which way to hang up our pictures in cases like this when we have decorated? I know a lot of frames come with a hook on the back, but none of mine have this… That would be far too difficult for a Fifi to buy… haha.

 

What a hoot, I bought from Amazon, a doggy cologne. Well I read the description again and I really did smile just for half a second, don’t think I’m getting over cheerful. Smile. Well it read

“Perfect cologne for your butch boy to make him more appealing to his bitches…”

Just don’t tell our Little Fella that.

In fact, don’t mension it to my little Waggatail of a girly either.

 

Hey, guess what? I went on the treadmill again last night, wow, double wow shock and all that… and, I did a huu’uu’uu’uuge, 26 minutes…

Whoopedy doo, poopedy poo!

 

Hub did his normal time and a bit more. He’s speeding up his treadmill pace. He’ll be running the piggin London Marathon next…

That’s fine, I shall be on the side holding the supportive drinks…

 

Today we have had views from Mexico, Sweden, Japan, India, England, US, Australia, Turkey, Canada, Thailand and Poland as I have checked twice today, I managed to get eleven countries counted. As you may know my blog stats only shown the top ten results. But if I check morning like before 6 am, and then much later in the day, I get a better picture.

 

This month we have seen our regular Blogget countries, Like America, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Canada, South Africa and Poland, but since last night here are the places you are reading from who don’t visit every day.

 Netherlands, Turkey, Iraq, France, Ukraine, Norway, Russia, Italy, Belgium, United Emirates, India, Spain and countries I haven’t even heard of before.     

 

The readers from the USA, have been double this past couple of weeks. My new Bloggets? And to those of you who have been frequenting my blog page for some time now, bless you all. Oh, I got wrong for a blog I wrote the other day…. Haha. Wo from? Hub. Did I take it down? Nope. Which blog? Well, not saying, but I saw no wrong in it, and it is what it is… Sometimes Hub is like my school teacher. I keep telling him, he’s not my manager, he’s not my boss!!! He just has a very serious official side to him he forgets to hang his hat up after he comes in from work….

 

Hub has a big birthday this year coming up. He has told me he doesn’t want a party. Is a party the same as a gathering? I would only invite My Brother and family, Hubs Dad and brothers, obviously our boy, some friends and colleagues!

But he would kill me….

 

It would be lovely to see some of Hubs old colleagues too. He used to have a wonderful boss and some great guys at his old job. I can see Hubs face now….

And, hear his voice…

Maybe we shall just go out for a meal.

The three of us.

 

OK, before I go some words.

When we are children, we are conditioned to behaving in a certain manner. As adults we are pegs to fit into holes. Once there we tend to stay there. Only once in my life I have dared to jump out of my hole and escape the norm. it was the best decision I have ever made.

 

When we are children, we have dreams. Nothing can get in our way, we transition into adulthood taking with us the programming of those adults who have moulded us. Before we know it, we are older and what have we achieved that truly makes us happy? We are old computers just ready for the scrap. Our memories get wiped and we are broken up.

 

So, we have choices now. we are adults, like those adults who programmed us all those years ago. Do we have control now?

We can start from today, start to be the person we have always wanted to be, as best to our ability. Seek new jobs, new relationships and a totally new pattern in life. even down to wearing different clothes, change our hair colour.

 

I dare you to do something totally out of your comfort zone. If you do, please let me know what you did? It’s comfortable where we are but it can be really exciting if only we take that plunge. And, if we don’t like it, we can climb back into our cosy warm hole of the past.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: