translate

Monday 15 January 2018

LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE OF DREAMS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Who knows what our future holds? I wish I did. My Hub doesn’t want to know but I’m obsessed by knowing, as right now there is a few questions I have and answers I need.

 

My birth sign Aquarius, says I have visionary quality. Apparently, I’m capable of perceiving the future and we know exactly what we want to be doing five or ten years from now.

Really?

I, guess I know what I want to be doing, but how to do it is the question and, at the start of the year, oh, I was full of this year I will do what I want to do… Em, that lasted about 21 and three quarters of an hour!

 

Already this year has shaped up to doing for others what they think I should be doing. What where and when, who with too! Weakness should have been my middle name…

 

The next few weeks is going to be upheaval in my life, but at least I will be kept busy. I also have quite a few poems to write for my Bloggets for Valentines Day. I will be closing my office draw soon so if you want any written please email me. I have a short story to write too which I have started but there is a deadline for that and the clock is ticking. My email is at the bottom of this blog.

 

A couple of my Bloggets have asked me some questions this week so, here’s one of the questions followed by answers.

“If you got your sight back, what would be the first thing you would do and why?””

Gosh, wow, em, cry with joy, laugh scream, jump up and down, (God help the earth) just look at everything around me. If my vision would come back to me in a hospital, well I guess look at the loved ones around me, I would hope they would be there, take in every part of my beautiful Son, last time I saw his face he was a year old. He’s almost 21 now. look at my Husband… Last time I saw him, he was 12. Then I guess I would have to look in the mirror. It’s been 19 years since I saw myself in the mirror. I think a lot of shocks but nothing not even lines of life would bother me. I really don’t think I would ever be sad ever again. I think my life would be reborn for sure. I look at people who can see now I just can’t understand how they have any days when they feel sad. I know you only miss what you have lost, but gosh, vision for me would be the kiss of life.

 

 I’m grateful for my legs and hearing too. Honestly, I do appreciate hearing and the ability to walk. Never think I take those for granted. And just as I envy those who can drive and see their children and grandchildren, but who can’t walk, I know they will look at me and think well she can walk and dance. And those who can’t hear, will know I can hear the birds, and laughter but I also know they can see, drive and walk. And then there are those who can’t see or hear. I know of someone who earns a fortune in his place of work who  is totally deaf and blind, his brain is enormously brilliant, but then there are those who never go out because they are so depressed and I feel so very sad and angry for you. And, then there are those abled bodies who can see, hear, walk and are so very unhappy… and I wonder why? Obviously, there are things going on in people’s life, major things other than the ability to walk free without chains and go where they want when they want, hear everything around them and see the birds the flowers the smiles on loved ones faces, but still they worry, they hurt. And then I wonder, what is happiness?

 

For me, happiness is knowing that my loved ones are happy. That is number one by a mile. I would much rather know my loved ones are happy and they have good things in their life than what I want for myself. When my Son smiles, I laugh. When my Husband chuckles, I giggle and when we all share time together that is special, I have peace in my heart like no other feeling, I just feel as one… whole, a full person.

 

If I got my sight back at home, as I have written about before, I probably would decorate the whole house. Haha. Thinking, oh, my I can’t believe I have had those colours on my walls in front of people! I would look at the pictures on my walls, take in photographs, probably get the dusters out for my windows, I joke with my friends now and tell them if I have not cleaned the windows properly, it’s not me, they must have cataracts… Then I would step outside. Wow, feel the air, splash in the puddles like a child, smile as I avoid cracks on the payvment as before they would have bitten me and twisted my ankles… look at my neighbours gardens and mine… run, just fly almost inside for sure. Jump onto a bus and shop till I drop. Look at all the fabrics styles and not have to rely on internet shopping anymore… I would go on holiday and just take in the world. When I have done everything normal, what most people do every day, I would then take a deep breath and search out charities who helped those who live alone. Or who don’t get out of the house. And I would give my time to them. Because I believe that loneliness is the most difficult disability of all. And along with blindness can come loneliness.

 


 

 

 

 

 

No comments: