translate

Tuesday 16 January 2018

THE TAXI DRIVERS STORY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

CH 1.

 My Husband has a taxi company he uses for work from time to time he has the same drivers. And trust me, what stories they come with. In my past I had a taxi driver for a few years when I was studying and his story was quite something let alone my Husbands drivers.

 

I travelled with let’s call him Tom, for three years. He was a tall man, smelt good and didn’t have the stereotypical physique as one may imagine taxi drivers should have!

 

As I got to know his life story, it intrigued me. He was married had been for seven years when I started travelling with him. So, ten when we parted company!

 

His wife found out Tom was gay, after a year of marriage when she was five months pregnant with their first child. Yes, I said first, as they went on to have another two children, so three in total.

 

She obviously stuck by him, at first she was convinced he would “Get over it”” but by this point, he wasn’t going to change.

 

He was a grown man who was attracted to men, but because of society, felt obligated to marry and for his family i.e. parents and Grandparents, he did just that complied with what they expected of him. He believed he could live like that. But he couldn’t.

 

The relationship had huge problems he was accused of having affairs with another woman and accused of not loving his wife. He loved her very much, but not in a way a Husband should love his wife. Long story short, the couple decided to live the lie to others and as I said, had three children. He was allowed to visit boyfriends and ended up after nine years of marriage, falling in love with a guy from a local restaurant he frequented. Toms wife could cope just, with the fact Tom was visiting other men, but not the situation that he now had got involved with. A serious relationship.  

 

Who knows what happened I would hope that he moved out with his new love, and continued being a great Dad and his wife found true love in the end. But the stories on the way to college were interesting to hear how some people live totally different lives not only to me but to each other for sure their families. Just shows we don’t know really what goes on in peoples minds/lives.

 

 

  

 

No comments: