translate

Saturday 6 January 2018

SATURDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good afternoon Bloggets.

It’s icy cold out there. I have just come in from trying to clean two filthy dogs. They went for their walk with June and have come back black…. Even the gold one. Ha.

 

Oh, my that sandy wet dirt that sticks to them. They were covered. Waggatail decided to lay down in a puddle of dirty water and of course her little brother had to do the same as if it’s good enough for the Wagging one, then it’s good enough for the Little one….

 

Buckets of water isn’t a good idea on bitter cold days. I wish we had hot water outside, but we only have cold so I had to keep coming into the house. The hot warm toasty house… then face the blizzard again.

Well

Ok

Not quite a blizzard, but tell that to my fingers, right?

 

June, our dog walking lady, went to New Zealand on a three-week holiday to visit family of hers. She loved seeing them but she didn’t like Christmas in New Zealand at all. She said it was dead no atmosphere.

 

She’s elderly and likes tradition. She couldn’t get over the fact there were no carols. Songs sang at Christmas. In our shopping centres there are often carol singers or a brass band playing the Christmas songs. We decorate inside and sometimes outside of our house and she said no one did there because it’s so hot, it’s light until late so pointless having lights up…

 

The thing that made her most cross was the fact she got a ham salad and potato salad for Christmas dinner. Haha. Bless her, she wanted her turkey and all the trimmings.

 

Hub and I were thinking she may not come back as she misses her Son and Grandchildren so much. But she did come back, with bells. And not Christmas bells…

 

 We had the loveliest day with family. We went out for a meal and enjoyed each other’s company. On our return home, the men went into the conservatory and me and my sister in law had a lovely chat in the sitting room where I am now. thawing I tell you. I can hardly feel my fingers, so I’m off to make a cup of tea, our family have gone home, Hub is half a sleep in the conservatory listening to his football on the radio and our wet dogs are laying on towels to try to dry. The sounds of the washing machine can be heard along with voices from the radio and click clicking from the heating that I have just turned up.

 

I can now turn on my heating, lights too from the comfort of my seat, just by asking Alexa the A.I system we have plugged in to activate whatever system we wish for.…

 

It’s a shame you don’t have it in your country but I hope one day Alexa will be in your houses too as it’s so handy. It’s annoying at times but that says a lot about us, rather than her or it!

 

We were watching a program on the TV the other night where he was called Alex, well, every time his name was said, she answered, the little voice in the box.

 

Sometimes she will answer a random question you have never even asked her and other times you will ask her something, and she answers a totally different question. But in general, she’s great.

 

OK, apart from forgetting to give my brother and sister in law their main Christmas gift today, and I’m so annoyed about that, today was perfect. Our dogs are happy, as are we, so on that note, I shall love ya and leave you. But not for long X

 

 

  

No comments: