translate

Sunday 21 January 2018

DIARY OF THE RED ROSES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. I have just got in from our gym… I went on the treadmill today for nineteen minutes. Pathetic I know but after yesterday fifteen minutes of total agony, today nineteen minutes without any pain at all. It may have been helped by the fact I put comfrey oil on today on my knees. It’s a wonder oil for me. Also, I think yesterday was the first time in ages I have been on the treadmill. Hence the pains.

 

I just get so board on there even with music. If I were the kind of person who liked to listen to audio it would be different. My friends who are blind and go on the treadmill, listen to a talking book and Hub puts his sport on. I listen to upbeat music and my mindset isn’t at all enjoying physical exercise right now. but, I’m still in there even though it’s really cold in our gym…Garage.

 

 Outside is snowing rather heavily and our poor dogs didn’t get out today because of that. It’s really slippy under feet.

 

I’m proud of my tiny achievement, just day two such a lifetime a head but a day at a time is a less daunting process of thought.

 

Hub is in the gym for about an hour and then he goes in again at nights. When he works during the week, he just does the hour after work. And though we have a downstairs toilet, he goes to the upstairs one to get more exercise. … now, that is dedication.

 

Poor Boy Wonder was up at half five this morning again for work. He was on open today he is having a bit of a problem with his boss. He’s not happy at work at the moment and I just hope life sorts itself out for him. He’s a really hard worker and like his Dad a perfectionist. Hub likes things done properly and our boy is the same and when he sees it’s not right, he speaks out… sometimes that’s not good… if things don’t improve I can see BW looking for another job. He has been there a year and a half. Time flies and BW isn’t flying as high as he wants. He has no time for hanging around. He wants to make it to the top and doesn’t want to wait until there is room for him up there. I hope he lasts with that frame of mind as procrastination has been his middle name for certain times in his life. but not in the workplace.

 

Hub made dinner for tonight. I was going to make something that would do for dinner tonight and BW’s lunch for work tomorrow like Lasagne, but Hub got up at silly time and prepared vegetables for a Sunday dinner. So, that’s what we are having tonight…  

 

Bless my Hubster, he has helped me a lot this weekend. Yesterday I had to take down our curtains from our landing window for our decorator coming. Oh, my. What a nightmare Bloggets. A screwdriver was required. D.I.Y, is not our thing… I have never needed a blooming screwdriver to take down a pair of curtains before. And I can’t even tell you how many bits and bobs there were to remove before we could get the flipping things down.

 

Now we have a pole in two halves with two ends and screws to try to reassemble at the end of the week.

 

The worst thing was Hub couldn’t reach the screws so had to get ladders.

On the stairs.

So, a large frame of ladders on small steps. I was terrified. I asked him to wait for our boy to come home from work as he is so tall he could do it without even stretching. But oh no, independent Hub had to do it… it was so dangerous. I ended up holding the steps as they really were not steady as when he got on them they started to go sideways in the direction of the bottom of the stairs.

  

I washed dried and ironed the curtains. Hub said we should get them dried cleaned… what if they shrink? Hahaha. I said there was plenty of spare if they do… and they were far from expensive.

 

We have removed all of my paintings of my angels my American artist friend painted and my red glass clock as well as a mirror. Oh, and a photograph of my Dad and myself that I treasure.

 

A slim chest of drawers was placed from our landing into one of the bedrooms and two tall floor standing candlesticks as well as a children’s wooden and cane chair from when my Son was a tiny child was also removed from our stairs where they turn the corners there is some spare space, as my Husband says, if I have spare space, it has to be filled… haha. Cheeky chops.

 

Now, let me tell you what was on the landing windowsill…. Oh, heck… OK, firstly, it’s a large windowsill.

 Honest.

Three… yes, three Chrystal vases the centre one has red silk roses.

A Chrystal hedgehog. A glass apple with a red rose inside… a glass ladybird it’s got red in it… Getting my red theme? Did I tell you my curtains are red and the candles from the sticks are also red? I like red… there are two Chrystal dishes with lots of marbles and precious gems. And there is a shoe made from Chrystal and a glass bird.

 Oh, and a glass/Chrystal angel!

Oh, I almost forgot. A multicoloured Bohemian glass clown.

hehehehehehe

So, they all got put into our office safely. I washed every part that was washable. Doors etc. let the week begin.

 

  

   

 

 

 

No comments: