translate

Monday 22 January 2018

A WALK TO REFLECT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A WALK TO REFLECT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

a heavy torn blanket

covers the planets

through the navy night

peeping through stars and a moon so bright

a beautiful owl flies over my head

so gracefully, so white

my fingertips are so red

my face is blue

the snow, is unwelcome, in my shoes

the orange glow, from a swaying lamp, gives clues

which direction to go

to find my way home

into the night I roam

the silent bitter dark blue sky above

fills my heart with such love

how blessed I am

to have somewhere to go

as I enter my crooked gate

put my hand in my pocket

to find my key, place it in the door to unlock it

A warm fire will await

On my stand I will hang my coat and hat

Greeting me will be my cat

My love hands me a cup of hot chocolate

I warm near the amber flames

To have a roof over my head

A comfortable bed

Food on my plate

So, a walk to reflect

A chill to reject

For my soul is warm

No matter of life’s storms

Outside my window

The world passes by

The birds fly

The branches sway

Life for me is perfect

A walk to reflect

What life is all about

As long as I have love in my heart

And hugs in my life

Words I can shout

Sweet nothings I can hear

My family near

A view so beautiful

To my maker I’m dutiful

A walk to remind me

The simple things in life are free

To warm to others

As we are all sisters and brothers

A walk to reflect

We all hold the key

It’s called humanity

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: