translate

Friday 12 January 2018

DIARY OF TWO DAYS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Oh, what to make for dinner? To be honest my oven has been on for ages, things are in there, with no ingredients of love or thought. Nothing has gone into this meal and I don’t even know what to call it. I’m not eating I haven’t eaten any meals all week. I will sit with a cup of tea and just tell my family I ate earlier, then they won’t worry or nag me to eat. I have no appetite and moreover I have no energy to cook. I feel bad, this is my job to cook for my family as they work but I just am not feeling it… I tell you if I lived on my own, I really wouldn’t ever cook.  I love food, I just hate cooking. I have pealed and cooked roast potatoes and put some breaded fish in the oven for my Husband along with sweetcorn in the microwave, butterbeans and peas. How bad is that? I have put some frozen peas and canned sweetcorn and butterbeans. That is not cooking as I like it, I like to use fresh vegetables and try to do a meal homemade, not a boxed fish from the freezer. I made my Son a burrito with rice chickpeas and Mexican beans. At least that was home made.

 

Well the above was written last night. After that meal, which by the way I murdered… As my Husband was late from work, it took him one hour and forty minutes yesterday to get home and I received a phone call that I don’t normally except, as I’m unsociable. Smile, as it was from my internet provider a survey. It took ten minutes. In the meanwhile, with that and Hub being late, the fish was, well shall we say, well done… yep, murdered. The roast potatoes were lovely apparently though… As for tonight’s dinner? Hubs sorted. Turkey broth from the freezer, but at least it’s home made we did it at Christmas and froze it.  So, that was taken from the deep freezlast night and will be good to go tonight. My Son? Oh, heck…. Not sure. Tomorrow already I know what I am making. Homemade mushroom stroganoff. Hub has loads of meat in the freezer like steak, a pork joint and a three-bird roast, but he said he has gone off meat… Do you think my BW and myself are rubbing off on him? Hmm. Not sure, we for sure don’t lecture him about eating meat and I always cook it for him without saying anything… The only things I refuse to cook are things like pigeon, duck, deer. OH, goose and I still haven’t got over that or those poor pheasants from a week or so ago. That will never leave my mind and I just thank God, I’m strong enough to be a vegetarian.

 

I’m about to go out with my friend for lunch. Not sure where yet, will learn when I meet up with her.

 

Last night we went to the pub quiz. We did as badly as always. The couple we go with are interesting. He is the person who very kindly cuts our front grass. Won’t get out of bed for less than £500 per day and is the cocktail king. His sideboard in his lounge is full of every type of alcohol you can imagine. She is the lady who brings me cakes and dines a lot with another lady friend of hers.  There’s a book in their life story somewhere!

 

 Well I’m going to try to match some nice clothes to go out with my footballer’s wife, smile, I have to try to keep up with her… Though I have many steps to climb… It will be a lovely afternoon as always, I’m hopeful… Oh, to live in confines of perception and image!

 

 I shall be back later today but until then, remember, the circumstances of your life do not describe and can’t constrain the greatness of your soul.

 

  

No comments: