translate

Friday 19 January 2018

FI'S FRIDAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day to you my dear Bloggets. Few, just sat down for a half hour break. It’s cruising closer to 5pm. I haven’t stopped all day. I just got the delightful doggy doodle run cleaned in time for it to chuck down from the heavens slides of slimy snow like sleet. At first, I was sure it was snow but then the watery substance showed me it was sleet.

 

Changed our bedding and cleaned our bedroom then general tidy of downstairs trying to be as quiet as one can with a vacuum and two dogs wanting to play as Hub is working from home.

 

I have made the dinner for tonight… it started off to be a vegetarian chilli… em… now? I guess one will call it in front of the family a bean feast… The food I cook tastes most times really nice but I’m as far from what I call a good cook. Anything goes and everything gets thrown in the pot…

 

I chopped some mushrooms fried them in a little butter until almost cooked. Then put them in a dish. Then grated loads of mushrooms in the pan where the other ones came from. In a large pan I poured a jar, yep, the J, word. Of chilli sauce… well, it smelled of tomatoes so how much chilli is in there I’m not sure. Spice it up a bit Fifi… In went some yellow mustard… How much? I don’t know, hahaha. Then some Fromage frais, half a pot, how big is the pot? Em. That big!!!!

Some sun-dried tomatoes, how many? I just poured some in… black pepper teeny bit of salt loads of pepper. When the grated mushrooms were gently fried I poured that into the pan then grated a courgette into the frying pan along with a grated onion and yellow pepper and chopped garlic. Then threw that into the big pan with the mushrooms I cooked earlier stirring all the time and then the fun began. Tins…cans… gosh, Bloggets, how did blind people manage before Apps like Tap Tap See? Seriously, I went for eighteen years before I had such an App.  I do remember vaguely, rattling tins trying from week to week to remember the size of the tin I just opened the feel of it, was the wrapper shiny, now, there’s a good one, Hub bought some shoes, yes, my mind digresses again… you know me, I write it as it is… he told my friend he knew the difference between patent leather and normal leather because the pantent was shiny… it was only weeks later when we realised, she must have wondered how we knew patent was shiny? Well it feels softer, glossy. So, some canned foods have a glossy wrapper on them and some are rough. Some are small some large and some have pull can lids some don’t. well I still to some degree do all of the above, but now I have the safety blanket of my App on my iPhone, it’s easier, but most times it takes ages for my phone to tell me what is written on the product. Sometimes it’s so annoying as it will say something like.

“human hand holding can!”” Or, blue and white can… very helpful. But on about the third time, it normally at least gives me a clue. Today it worked so well for me most cans it read first time. Wow, wonderful. So, in went a can of five mixed beans in tomato sauce. Then a can of butter beans I drained those along with a can of red kidney beans. Stirring the pan and then it waits for us to eat it later. It smells delicious. What it tastes like, is another matter.

 

Well here we go; another weekend is here. And on Monday, I have a week of hell as I have a painter coming to do my landing, stairs and small hall. He said he will be five days max, I hope that’s all he will be. Remember I used to have another painter he came for years. But modern ways took over and he now faces his days in a desperate state.

  It’s a shame as he was an amazing decorator. Everyone who saw what he did were blown away just how brilliant his cutting in was and the gloss work felt so smoothed. Goodness knows what I have for the walls. I hope a nice honey kind of colour… heck, what colour even is honey? Like a golden brown? In my minds eye that is what colour it was but my memory is from almost twenty years ago and I have written before now, how I’m forgetting colours.

 

So, this weekend I shall be taking down curtains and moving everything so the decorator has nothing to do but paint. As for my light fixture, I really can’t take that down and it cost a lot of money so he will either have to try to remove it and then hopefully he will be able to put it back up or he will have to cover it and paint around it… he comes with great words about him from a couple we know and he is the brother of my neighbour/friend.

 

Thankfully my eye pain is a much needed zero today it’s rare that I have no pain at all but I’m glad of a rare day.

 

BW working until late tonight bless him. Our Son works so hard. It’s close to his 21st birthday. I don’t have a clue what to buy him for his birthday, Hub and I wanted to take him on holiday but he won’t leave the side of Shamrock. Not even for a night… Gosh, to think the life he could have if he were a little more relaxed as she is by the way, she does loads of things away from BW and she’s right and normal for doing so, but our boy wonder is glued to her. Even when he works, Shamrock pops in and she has joined the gym too with him. He used to go there on his own, now he has his partner.

 

Shamrock brought us a lovely bar of chocolate the other night, it was delicious mind you, I gave away four of our bars of chocolate from Christmas last night to the people we go to the quiz with as really, I went to put a pair of jeans on. Oh. Boy. Heck. Em. Well, let’s say, after trying to tell myself they must have shrunk in the wash, I had to face facts. Since Christmas I have put loads of weight on.  

I’m talking loads.

Like, well,

 loads!!!

So, what to do about it? Hmm.

 

On that note I shall go and see what else there is for me to do around the house. Funny if you can see, you see jobs that need doing… I just do them like a rota so if in between something looks as if it needs cleaning, tough… I also think I work harder than what I would if I had sight because I probably do things that don’t need doing… Have a fun Friday and before I go to give you a chuckle, I just asked my Alexa Dot to tell me the time and her reply was? Hahahaha. Wait for this one.

“I speak English but can help with Spanish if you enable the skill…””

Nice to know that Alexa, but what time is it?

 

 

 

No comments: