translate

Tuesday 30 January 2018

SLEEPY HEAD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


How quiet my house is without my Husband being here? He has called me so I know he’s OK, but gosh, I miss him. Even my Waggatail is so quiet. The kids are home but they are upstairs and apart from a few moments ago when they came to make some supper for themselves, they are so quiet. Unlike the other night when both of them were hyper. When Hub is home, there is always the TV on and he’s up and down especially after he received his Apple watch, which annoyingly keeps tabbing and banging on telling him to stand… He stands using vocals as well as the sounds of his slippers on the hard wood floor and every time Hub gets up, LF joins him and his little paws clicking along the wooden floor too which involves Waggatail then getting up to investigate what is going on… doors will be opened as Hub goes for a glass of water or some fruit and I eat more when he’s here oddly, so unlike Hubs water and fruit, I hear my crisp bag and my spoon as I stir my hot drink. Haha.

 

I feel for those who live like this every night. Gosh, it must get so lonely? I know I had it for a few weeks at a time when Hub used to work away, I really never want to go back to those days again.

 

I made home made Pizza’s tonight or dinner. I really enjoyed mine, but I do wonder if the amount of vegetables I put on BW’s was too much. I did pack them on but they were really nice…

 

Sham bought Boy Wonder a cute monkey, unlike the one she got him at the beginning of December which is enormous and would terrify me. This one is tiny and so fluffy.

 

Talking of fluffy, I paid about £13 for a toy for my Waggatail for Christmas. It’s so soft and fluffy, but once Waggatailed, twice needs a clean. It’s soggy then dries all spiky. So, into the washing machine on its own, such a brave teddy… and he survived. I only put him on a daily wash and then a quick dry to make him fluffy again for ten minutes in the drier and he came out almost dry but not quite so, I placed him on the radiator to finish off. Well, next think I learn is, Waggs wasn’t happy that BW had a toy monkey and she didn’t have her toy. So, she blooming found it and we heard her jumping onto the radiator as she’s a tiny Labrador. And took the teddy bear all wet and horrid again, so remind me please, why did I wash and dry him?

Well, I presume it’s a him…

 

I guess I should try to get some shut eye now, but I doubt there’s any chance of that…

I have an early start in the morning and I don’t like early. As for stupid time? I’m simply allergic.

 

Oh, my I have tried listening to those supposed sounds that make you relax and eventually sleep… from forest sounds to woodland ways to waves on the ocean. To me they all sound like they belong in the movie Psycho! How can anyone relax to that?   

 

Before I go some words.

There is someone right now you may know who has received some devastating news and they are not coping with it but they can’t tell anyone. Someone you know right now is nursing a loved one as they face their final moments of this life. there are people right now in the worst state possible to imagine, and no matter how bad you feel now, someone you know is feeling worse.

 

That doesn’t make your sad times easier, but to know you are not alone I hope is powerful to you. Some uplifting I hope, quotes.

They say todays pain is tomorrows power… Really? Well, I am stronger than I have ever been but I think I would rather be weak and not have had to go through pain… but if we have the worst pain, then we can cope next time with anything I guess.

 

Nobody’s perfect, we are all just one step up from the beast and one step down from the angels.

"I hope your pillow will be a fluffy cloud and the angels sing sweet lullabies. Know that the stars have come to wish you sweet dreams and the moonlight is there to guide you to that path of dreams.""
© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

No comments: