translate

Saturday 27 January 2018

FOREVER FRIENDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


With the bitter wind beating against my face, my long hair looking as if it hadn’t seen a brush in a while, the rain started to fall and off we went to the train station to travel to our friend’s house!

 

I had about two hours sleep. Stressed to bits. Shamrock, my Sons girlfriend lost her handbag in town. New one she got for Christmas along with her purse, keys to her house and car, her driving licence and her work keys were all inside her bag.

 

She came home, my Son went back into town, he also got her bike to ride around at two this morning, to try to trace where it could be. He was ill with stress about it. Her? “Not bovvered.””

  

Anyway, today, she got it back. Everything. She said, she knew she would get it back. I doubt any lessons have been learned as her Dad even kindly gave the person who handed it over, £20 for doing such a kind deed.

 

When we arrived at the station, we were told we had to be on platform 11. Then after getting there, we were told to go to platform 9. Then just before our train was due which was ten minutes late, an assistant came to us and told us she would take us to platform 5 as that was the latest news. I really don’t know what is going on with our trains right now.

 

My Waggatail was a total pain. She ate a spilled bag of crisps. She then apparently went for an half eaten sausage role and finally a chunk of crispy doughnut for dessert.

 Part of the journey, she walked on her back legs with her two front legs in mid-air as she was delighting a crowd of people.

It certainly didn’t help as the people oo’ood and ah’dahd her. If my Wags thinks she is going to get a fuss or attention, she will forget she is being a guide dog and enjoy all the love that will be given to her.

 

People could see I was trying to work her and could see I was getting stressed but did they stop talking to her and stroking her telling me what beautiful ears she has? Honestly, I felt like saying, she’s not Little Red Riding hood love.

 

The train was lovely and warm. We had a cup of coffee that was, warm. But far from lovely, in fact, not sure if it was coffee.

It was really quiet though, to my delight. Time to get off. Waggatail ate her way down the isle and pleased the people as she performed like a circus animal.

She’s really great on the train. She lays down probably exhausted by the entertainment she provides beforehand. Getting off the train, she jumps off and is fine doing that. Well our friends Like, and Hanz met us and off we went to our day with old school pals. A great day just not long enough.

 

We exchanged stories, laughed and even had a tune on the guitar from the Like man. Trix kindly provided food and then it was time to do the journey again in reverse.

 

Again, the train was quiet. Fantastic. And at the other end, it wasn’t noisy at all. Home and ready for a good night’s sleep. Let’s just hope it happens.

 

To my South African Mama, I ate nuts today… When we got home. I have listened to you and at some cashew nuts. As for eggs? My friend served quiche… as for the treadmill? Sorry I failed. My Husband is now on it and it’s almost 11 pm. It’s too cold and too late.

 

OK, on that note, be happy, safe, warm and at peace. With love and finally one of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship, is to understand and be understood. The most valuable antiques, are dear old friends

 

 

No comments: