translate

Tuesday 30 January 2018

DIARY OF NO SURPRISE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


As I puffed up the pillows at Hubs side of the bed this morning, I felt a dreadful sadness as he won’t be putting his head there tonight. He’s away on business. It’s a reminiscent of days gone by when he used to travel but in those days, he could spend up to 17 days away. And, he was in different countries. Sometimes he would be in several countries during one journey away.

 

 He is travelling by train today, almost three hours journey, that’s after and before transport to the station and office where he needs to be. The Little Fella was off on his adventure. Hub said he is the most perfect dog for conferences and so on as he just lays there. Quite the opposite to what he does at home. That is a good guide dog though, he knows when he is at work and he know when he has his home time…. My Waggatail, always has her home time. Haha. I joke, on Saturday when we were out, she lay stillish all day, after her own naughty adventure getting there. Going back, she was fine, not so excited or anxious, not sure what it is with her. All I know is her tale never stops Wagging.

  

I wrote eleven poems last week for people requesting them for Valentines day. I’m surprised this day in age people bother with that. I loved it when I was a young girl as in those days, no one knew who sent the cards. It was always a huge mystery who sent you your cards. Trying to unravel the concealment of the handwriting in the card normally featuring two cuddling bears inside a heart with inky handwritten words inside silly rhymes, so very innocent in those days comparison to now days. Who was the person who sent it? Was the clue in the handwriting, or perhaps you would recognise a word that would be written in the verse, possibly a word they use a lot?

 

 There’s really no mystery in love now days is there? I mean, even the unborn children, we have to know the sex of the child… why? What about the pure excitement of not knowing until the birth? Whenever I ask younger people this question they always say, well it’s nice to know what colour to paint the bedroom or what clothes to buy. Oh, my goodness. That is the worst excuse I have ever heard in my life. and I don’t know who parents are trying to kid, me or themselves. It isn’t working with me. If there was another reason, then fine, but clothes and paint? Whatever happened to whites, yellows, lemons, creams pale green even pale blues? And, are baby ducklings not unisex, or pictures on wallpaper of teddy bears? Are they only meant for boys, or is that girls? My sons first paper had farm animals on lambs, piglet’s chickens and so on. His bedding matched and his clothes were white and the colours above, I mean, babies clothes only last a few weeks before they grow out of them. Then people can buy their dreadful navy blues and dark greys. Again, personal opinion, I like babies in baby colours not dressing as if they are going to the work house… hahaha. My young Bloggets will be outraged. Well OK, away from old Nanna Fi’s opinions but getting back to not being able to keep or expect a secret or surprise. Remember those old movies when people waited to hear the news the nurse or Doctor would come out, even the Father and announce

“It’s a boy!!!” or a girl.

 

An old classic comedy in the UK makes me laugh every time I see the same show. Del Boy comes out all tearful after his wife has given birth and announces to his old Grandfather and younger brother.

“It’s, a, it’s a’it’s an it’s a

Baby!!!”

Oh, my, maybe you had to be there watching it, but it still makes me laugh. Of course, it’s a baby, they wanted to know boy or girl…

 

The pure anticipation of waiting so long to know what you are having. The excitement. It’s all gone yet another part of life removed of emotions.

 

In our news today, a burglar has broken into a few houses over the past seven years thieving £1,000000 worth of items and the experts think he’s a professional soldier… Why? Because he knows he may come across more than one person as the mansions he’s breaking into, are huge and any room could have a person in, most probable at least one member of staff. So, they are saying the regular burglars are wary of people. He also has a gun. I just don’t understand you have a huge house an yet you don’t have security on it? Like gates, walls, security lighting, alarms and strong windows? And if you have all of that, possibly this is another reason why experts think this person may be ex-army.

 

I’m disgusted in a handful of students who have protested chanting that Churchill was a racist. If he was, then why did he not befriend Hitler? They have too much time on their hands.

 

Health

Vaping may increase cancer and heart disease a new study suggests.

How about an implant for the brain, a pacemaker that could cure Alzheimer’s?

 Just some headlines from Google news.

 

Well as the wind picks up I shall go outside to try to pin down everything that may wish to dance with the conditions. Talking of dancing, before I go, a funny story I was told by my good friend who has very poor sight. Recently he was at a party and he was a little tipsy so decided to dance. After he learned his moves on the dance floor had injured a couple of people, hahaha, he decided to take it easy. To his delight someone took his hand for a brief moment he liked the smell of her perfume so learning that his moves hadn’t been unrecognised, he lent in to the shadow before him who was much smaller than him. To say thank you for the opportunity to dance. As he felt her feathered hair against his cheek, he thought that was his lucky night.

 

After two dances, he learned that all wasn’t as he expected and Joanne, was in fact, John…

 

My friend took his small cane from his back pocket and click click unfolded it and left the dance floor as fast as an almost blind person can leave anywhere…

 

Oh, I love my friend, he and I have such laughs. Exchanging stories that sometimes we feel only those with sight problems will understand. And not all blind and partially sighted people are at the same stage in their vision loss or lacking in ability to have ever seen. So, we are rare. There are only a small selection of people who I know I can joke with in such a way.

 

OK must go now and then try to get my Wagga out as she is hyper… I have some items to post then I must go to the Doctors to pick up a prescription… in the wind, should prove to be of interest… my blind persons fog… x

 

 

 

No comments: