translate

Wednesday 17 January 2018

WHO'S AT THE DOOR? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Really, what a night and day. It was ten minutes to six this morning when I reached the state of being totally fed up. I had not even dozed for a second. Wide awake. Knowing that I had forty minutes before my Husband was due to get up. Then this morning I slept in it was just before quarter to nine when I was awoken by the doorbell. Needless to say, I didn’t answer it. I got up though and cancelled my alarm that was set for quarter past nine I thought I would get my normal three hours sleep as on average that is what I’m getting now, it used to be four hours.

 

When I came down stairs my Waggatail yawned the funniest sound. I knew she had already been out earlier in the morning as Hub always let’s her out even if I’m up. He’s a gent and I can’t stand these bitter mornings.

 

She lay in her bed and refused to get out, but that didn’t last long before she was up wagging and wanting a fuss. So, we have had cuddles and play time she’s been out and I have groomed her. By the time I finished I couldn’t feel my fingers. Then time to sort out the kitchen, washing the fridge for our groceries to be delivered. Washing the worktops and just in general tidying up. I went to the dryer to see if the clothes our Son put in there were dry and Hub bless him must have done all that before he left as it was empty. So, he must have taken them upstairs. He also emptied the dishwasher. He’s such a good man and yesterday he had a very successful day with his boss too, so I’m a very lucky lady.

 

Our Son stayed overnight at Shamrocks house. It’s almost half past mid-day he is still there I guess he will come home get showered and changed for the gym then hopefully make his bed have dinner with us, may be, then either go back to Shams or she will come here. His life is work, Sham and gym.  

 

He has a new mobile so hopefully he will be able to start to use that today. And this is on a two-year contract so I pray he won’t break this one.  His last one got dropped so many times not always by him. This time he has bought a case that will I hope protect it more.

 

So, my doorbell went again and this time it was my shopping early. Nothing missing, good old Ocado.

The man was very polite. So, trying to get the bags from him, and keep my lounge door closed as it threatened to open with the wind and my Wagging wonderful Waggatail was waiting to greet the kind man at the door who obviously must have come to see her…. And take her on a walk…. I mean, isn’t that why everyone comes here?

 

So, by now I’m in the middle of our kitchen surrounded by bags. Oh, my, seventeen. The daunting prospect of putting all that away, guessing all the time what is what. I did the sin of ordering more than two jars. Sauces. Jars are really difficult for our Apps on our iPhones to read. So more than one isn’t good. Not when you open your fridge and are faced with five jars and you only need one and which one? Where to start?

 

In the meanwhile, my doorbell went again. This time two sweet girls. Came to talk to me keep me company and have a joke and a laugh? Oh, no, sorry, they were Jehovah’s Witness representatives.

And they began, as they always do. “Could you read this and see what you think?”” to which my response was sorry I’m blind. Oh, that’s OK, you can take a look on our website? Then by the shuffling it was obvious that the other one nudged her partner as if to say. “stupid, she’s blind, how can she take a look?”” to which I replied, I have already had a look last time you guys came around. Then the other who I thought was the nudging girl replied. “Ooooooh, reallllllly, you took a look, did you?”” she was thinking, how? It was really obvious. So, then I educated… hahaha. They were very sweet as those young people always are. I just can’t get away with their religion. I have seen too many programs about them and how they in my opinion brainwash people keeping them away from their families. It’s horrible. I’m even surprised if the young people are allowed on the internet. I’m talking about the people who are getting recruited. Not the ordinary person who decides they want to become one. I’m quite open minded when it comes to most religions, but when you can’t enter another church / religion because of your own religion is to me sad.

 

JW people though are always so lovely. So very sweet. Seems like too nice for this nasty world.

 

Will my bell go again and who was it this morning at silly time?

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: