translate

Wednesday 31 January 2018

I HATE THOSE TWO BY FIONA CUMMINGS

This time, it's not you two. but another two.

Some days I hate those two words. I dream of the day when I don’t read about them. When they never need to feature in my life. but then I remember that they are after all a part of me now, and hoping to God not, but they may be forever. It’s the not knowing whether they will be hanging over me for the rest of my life. Or, will I be free of those words one day and if so, when? It’s the waiting. I have waited my whole life those words have affected me, in so many ways. They have taken over my life. ruled my ways and twisted the knife so deep I’m scarred.

 

So, if those words were removed from my life, I still will have effects of them. Haunted, chased and caught, but will someone come along and free me?

 

I wonder some days if I will ever stop reading about them and if I will have time in my life left to enjoy the freedom, time which is racing to the line, faster than I wish for.

 

Those words? Retinitis Pigmentosa

RP

Rapid pain. RP, rusty pins. RP, ruining potential. RP, rotten pungent torturous agonising disease that has attached itself to me from birth.

 

How to get rid of it? Only a total stranger may have the answer, but so far, they are not sharing it with those who most days hate those two words! Retinitis Pigmentosa.

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: