translate

Tuesday 9 January 2018

RUBY TUESDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Ruby Tuesday those two words have great memories for me. I was to meet with my Husbands friends in America. The three of us Hub my boy and myself had a most enjoyable yet long flight to see these lovely people. I was so excited. Oh, it was the most amazing holiday of my life and I am sure my Son will agree. As for my Hub, I have never seen him so very relaxed as he was when he was there. The couple we stayed with were spectacular hosts and the first place we went to for a meal just after the flight to the US was Ruby Tuesdays.

 

Being a vegetarian made it an interesting afternoon, though macaroni chees was an option. The only option. But the service was so typical American just like you see on the TV.

 

The experiences we had on that holiday and another we took with our friends was simply breath taken and I just felt at home.

 

Our Son went to visit a clay pigeon shooting field and the man who took him under his wing was the most interesting person as far as how a total stranger could just care and like and inspire someone they have never met. Our Son really loved Norm and that day was one that has left gentle loving fingerprints on his heart. We went to a horse ranch where my Son rode a horse and we ate apples from the trees around us. We all took a boat with leather seats, I have never seen anything like that, it was a boat we could drive with leather seats… The ones I have been used to had wooden seats. Or, plastic.it was the most relaxed I have ever been. The weather was stunning, the water was calm. I was so comfortable and as far from England and the bother that we had left there with ex’s and so on. No one could hurt us and there was absolutely no stress or worries. I honestly can tell you I have never had that in my life. I think my friend was slightly tense as my 13-year-old Son drove the boat, but her Husband was quite calm as he coached Boy Wonder along the ripples. Mind you, this boat was enormous.

 

My Husband sat in the vast garden which looked over a golf course in between the trees on a garden swing as deer silently crept to the huge tubs of food left for them. As he swung back and forward I could feel the stress and emotions of the past few months just leaving his body. I felt my shoulders seem to release unwanted weight, as the relief of everything lifted. It was spiritual. The people we stayed with were our saviours and I thank God for them. If only they knew just what they did for us all.

 

So, as soon as I read the words Ruby Tuesday, I melt with reminiscence of the romance of our visit to Tennessee America.

  

No comments: