translate

Monday 1 January 2018

DIARY OF THE BEAUTIFUL PHEASANTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


This is my first blog of 2018

Hello to you all and a very happy New Year!

As we enter into another year, let’s see what this brings. I hope so much love and luck. Health and the wealth of knowledge that you are needed and moreover wanted by those who mean so much to you. I’m so glad to have you in my Blogget family.

  After all, it’s you I write for. If not for you, why would I bother?

 

Oh, Bloggets, let me tell you something that really really turned my stomach… Yesterday my friend came and kindly gave me some home-made cake, she makes them all the time and is very generous about it…. But, she also handed me a bag.

Hmm.

Now, at the pub the other night when we went to the quiz, she asked Hub if he liked pheasants? He said yes. I was revolted. In fact, apoplectic at the thought of a beautiful bird being killed. Her daughter in law was to be what they call beater I think that is the correct word for evil hunters who were going to Chace and slaughter innocent beautiful creatures. In the bag was the dead creatures. I already told my Husband I wasn’t going to cook them. He took the bag from me and was horrified that they still were full birds, as far as he dared to investigate. I still can feel all the feathers against my wrist as I took the bag from her.

 

There are words, and only animal lovers will understand.

 

Her poor Husband was really ill, we were due to go to them for New Year but about three in the afternoon, he cancelled.

 

There is so much I have had to think about of late. And whilst Hub and myself reflected last night leading up to the sounds of Big Bens bongs striking midnight on our TV, we spoke many words of silence, using telepathy to understand each other’s thoughts!

 

I couldn’t sleep I went to bed about half one this morning and got up at four stayed up till after 5 a.m. believe it or not, I started taking down our Christmas decorations and when Hub woke, he started to cook his meat for the day. I don’t cook on New Years Day, never have never will, though this year, or I should now say, last year was the start of breaking all traditions but the other ones were out of my control. Cooking on New Years day, is still in my control. I made food yesterday put it in the fridge and just plated it today wrapping it in foil or film until people were ready to eat.

 

Hub and I continued to take down all the Christmas decorations inside and out. The garden looks empty now as does the house. But Christmas is over as is the New Years celebrations thank God. I hate this time of year. Love Christmas but not New Year.

 

A new start now and Hub and I have quite a few resolutions that I hope we can stick by.

 

Boy Wonder spent the night with Sham spending so much money and drinking like a fish, her family are Irish and she says they are big drinkers. She turned up here about six and she looked unbelievably hung over. She hadn’t long been up out of bed BW had been to the gym can you believe it? On New Years Day? I’m glad though. He’s also joined a new gym and this one has a pool. When it comes to health, BW is so very different to Sham.

 

 Not sure what they are doing now but I would guess Shamrock will be asleep as she really looked in a bad way.

 

My Son is working for seven days in a row from tomorrow.

 

Watching the news today, 1400 cars in Liverpool have blown up in a multi-story car park. People were visiting a horse show. Thank God, the horses were OK and in one of the cars, there were two dogs, the wonderful heroic fire fighters saved them. Fancy leaving your dogs in a car in a multi-story car park though? The poor people who lost their cars had to spend the night in shelters as they couldn’t get home. I mean, what if house keys were in the cars? But getting home would be a challenge I guess as there would be no transport apart from taxi’s charging the earth to get them home.

 

Eighty young people in London alone have been stabbed and last night, New Years eve was no different. Four young lads aged between eighteen and twenty are now dead stabbed to death. The four young men weren’t linked in any way. It’s so tragically sad. Why? What would make someone get ready to go out on such an evening with a knife? It’s a culture I don’t like. England isn’t a place I would like to bring my child up now days. Unless we lived deep in the country away from most people and influences.

 

The news is just so full of murders. Stabbings and a man has been shot. Wow, this is England this didn’t used to happen.

 

If I could move abroad tomorrow, I would. I would pack my son Hub and dogs up and off I would go. Where? Still say Canada… Now, what is the crime like there? Vancouver is my dream. I just wonder if everywhere is the same now days it’s the speed of crime in the UK that is bothering me.

 

My football team won today, Newcastle United. Makes a change. When I   was a teenager, Newcastle United were so good. Now? not so!

 

My dear Bloggets we have now reached the huge amount of views of 261,000 and the countries in order of highest viewers readers listeners, are as follows.

United Kingdom 109,507

United States 83,311

Russia 10,179

Ukraine 7,515

Germany 6,151

Canada 6,107

Australia 4,605

South Africa 1,763

France 1,482

Poland 1,364

And the other twenty odd thousand belong to all the other countries just outside the top ten. There are some close countries though, aren’t there? Poland is still hanging on though. I wish I knew just who was out of the tenth place… My guess would be either Portugal or Spain. Though Italy make a lot of visits. Oh, or, it could be Sweden… haha. I guess I just don’t know. Mexico used to be in the top ten, and Mexico still read, just once in a blue moon now though.

 

Let’s see by next year, just how many blogs have been read by this point. I can’t remember how many blogs I have written at a guess I would say it’s not too far from four thousand.

 

OK, for now I shall love ya and leave ya’s… Chat again tomorrow. Much love.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: