translate

Sunday 7 January 2018

THERE'S NO ANSWER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THERE’S NO ANSWER

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I call your name, but there’s no answer

Is this a game, or am I a chancer?

Where have you gone, this has never happened before

It’s been so long, since you listened to me

It’s as if you have closed the door

Locked it and thrown away the key

Can’t you see, I’m begging you please

Praying, down on my knees

For the first time in my life, you just aren’t listening

My faith is being cut away with a sharp knife, tears in my eyes glistening

Who do I turn to now?

Please guide me tell me when and how

It’s as if you have washed your hands of me       

Set me free

From your words

Forcing me to fly like wingless birds

What do I do, where do I go

Is what I’m saying really true, I’m so lost in a blizzard of snow

Have you left forever, My hands pressed together

 How long before I realise you, are no more

 

© Fiona Cummings

   


 

 
   

No comments: