translate

Wednesday 1 July 2015

DIARY OF THE EX AND THE RESCUE


 I’m in the shade outside just had fun with my little Wagga. If I hold the hose up in the air, she jumps to it and bites the water. I don’t know how dogs don’t bite their tongues? She was so funny. Well, until she shook all over me. But it’s hot, so I will dry.

 

Our neighbours are cooking their Indian food. The smell is amazing, not sure about the fragrance coming from a wet Wagga though.

 

I have my clothes in the conservatory drying. They are on the clothes horse. Oh I really don’t like those things, no, not clothes, but clothes horses. They are so dangerous. Caught my fingers in them many of a time. And today I had to make sure my dog wasn’t in there as I had visions of her knocking it over and getting trapped whilst I was out of the room.

 

I have been really lucky as never had one of those dreaded moments where my dog has been in distress and I have not been able to get to her

 

Only once that happened to my first little girl, Black Beauty.  Thankfully I was with my sighted ex and he saved her. I was totally grateful to him on that day.

 

We were walking through a park. Suddenly I heard my baby girl screaming yelping and sounded as though she was getting murdered.

 

I knew nothing. My Ex let go of my arm and ran so this kind of made it worse though I don’t blame him for doing it and I am glad he did on reflection.

 

So there I was in the park. Hearing my dog crying in such a way I don’t know where to walk I scream myself. I think I gave the owner a shock. It was only when my ex came back I learned of what had happened.

 

My poor little girl was walking along and a hu’u’u’uu’uu’ge Bull dog knocked her over then lay on top of her. Oh my God, he was enormous my ex said. And he wouldn’t get up.

 

My ex had to pull it off. Thank Goodness it didn’t bite my ex.

 

Oh that was awful though.

 

The law is very strict now on dog attacks. But if you can’t see and you are free walking, and a dog attacks yours, what do you do? This is why I like to walk my Waggs with someone who can see.

 

I really wish owners would be more responsible. I hope that the new laws will make that happen. The fines are going to be substantial  and the owner of the dangerous dog, and that can mean any kind by the way, not just the ones we know have a bad reputation, can be jailed.

 

Hub is home now and I’m sitting here like a lazy lump. Oh it’s too hot to eat dinner? But he will be starving. So best go in a mo jo.

 

Did I tell you what we bought each other for our anniversary? I bought Hub a carved solid heart with words on back and front and there is a butterfly on there as well. I got him a ribbon on it with words too. Our Son read them out to him. It read something like this.

His name and mine on one side and the other “My first and forever love” On the ribbon, it read “To have and to hold.

 

He bought me a lovely French bread bowl. It’s rustic long and made from olive wood.

I love it!

 

The heart is opposite to the one my lovely Niece bought me for my birthday saying “Home sweet home!”

 

We got a lovely homemade card from my friend Arty and another from my friend Vivi.

 

Gosh the heat is crazy today and is forecast for the next few days at least. Our poor dogs can’t take off their coats either. I mean, how hot must they feel?

 

 

That was yesterday. Today is here. What a difference 24 hours can make? I have just read a very distressing email from a dear friend. He has been battling with melanoma skin cancer for years and it’s in his head and rather violent by all accounts. So writing this, I have tears in my eyes. He is such a positive person too. I can’t even imagine life without knowing he is there, I only pray that he will be treated on again and be OK again. Makes me want to slap myself. As I sit in our house today, I’m burned to a crisp. The thing is, I don’t stay out there too long as can’t stand it, and yesterday half an hour I felt fine, but came in and oh boy, last night in bed, I was so sore.

 

My Son says I’m red roar

 

So today I will be using loads of cream on my skin. As a child I visited the Black sea after a pretty horrific month of treatment in Russia on my eyes. In those days, you couldn’t buy sun tan cream in Russia. They soaked you in sour cream after the event. I got badly burned and I fear the worst because of that.

 

I was delighted today to see my Son put some on before he left the house. Now, where has he gone? Em. Your guess is as good as mine.

 

He shouted today that I was nagging him. I asked of him two things. One give his bird some fresh water, well, that didn’t get done and two, to bring his plates down, oh, there was a third. So, as for his plates from his room, you know the room where he was asked not to take food and drinks? Well, two days ago, Hub went in there and out with him came.

1 plate, 1 dish, an empty noodle carton with a fork in it. 1 take away coke cup with straw. 1 plastic beaker. 2 glasses, one of them was full of something, hopefully water? And he went back up for round two. Then brought down, wait for this?

5. Cups. Five?  He said that there were loads of other take away cartons. Now my Son is very clean in his room. So this was all within three days. So if I had not have asked him today, that would have been another build up. As it is, he came down with two plates and a cup and I know he has a huge glass up there too. The third thing I quote nagged at him about was he won’t take his shoes off before going up stairs. We even caught him going up there in his dirty work boots last week and it’s not fair. We have light carpets we don’t know when they have a stain on them and we can’t afford another one because of his lazy attitude. He keeps telling us he is a man now, so have respect? Hmm. I told him if he would be a little more caring about the house he lives in, his home; I wouldn’t have to nag him as for his poor bird? If I wasn’t’ here, he would have killed that poor thing years ago. And I love that bird and he got it on a promise that he would care for it.

 

Wow, to wake up without a worry and to have a pleasant son to see him doing something to help us in the house or garden? Gosh, will that ever happen? I mean without me asking him to do something?

 

I think he is going to his Fathers today. Well, I hope he doesn’t leave it until everyone is coming out of work?

 

I have so much to do today around the house and its soup for the boys, also there is still some lamb hot pot in the fridge. So no cooking again, yeah.

 

If you fancy making a snack for a summer’s day, why not try one of these?

Ricotta dips with crushed tomatoes and Bruschetta

Brush slices of baguette with garlic and chargrill and pile high with ready cooked mushrooms with black pepper and Italian cheese, and dip with cherry tomatoes

 

It makes a great snack or supper.

Or, how about a tasty omelette?

Pea feta and herb

  Use about six eggs for 2/3 people. 

Wisk really well before pouring into your pan of butter. Pour the amount for however many people you are serving for, so if there are two of you, then pour half the ingredients or if three, third it.

 

Use cream cheese and parsley and remember to have the grill red hot so when your omelette is cooked, put it under the grill for one minute to rise. A great tip. I love omelettes as you can add anything to them again cherry tomatoes mushrooms whatever. But to use herbs, peas and cream cheese is a twist for a summer delight.

 

 The reason I use so many eggs is because I love to present thick omelettes thick but light. So if I were to use mushrooms or tomatoes, I would precook them then add to eggs when cooked. I know this is different to most people, but, as am I. ()

 

Wherever you are in the world, if it’s hot, please, care for your skin? The sun is good for us but can be so bad too. You would not put your head in a red hot oven.

Care for your eyes too. Cataract can develop by sun to your eyes.

So sun glasses. The heat wave in the UK I like as it is a summer at last. We have had eight months of winter.

 

Laters with love.

No comments: