translate

Wednesday 29 July 2015

MY SHARED SECRET BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY SHARED SECRET

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 Closed minds have took to their slumber

Now time for me to live this wonder

Lights appear

Though I have no fear

Hush now silent breaths

Allow the joy to start whilst others rest

This is truly the very best

Dancing dots

Lilac spots

Orange balls

I hear their calls

Silver waterfalls

Of trickling droplets

From pure white rockets

Fall delicious chocolates

I put them in my pocket

Then remove a key from my locket

Open the door to a secret craft

I told my best friend of this

But she just laughed

So this is my secret

Please will you keep it?

These words are so true

There is such a view

Tiny round windows

Fragrance of a sweet rose

Happy feelings all around

As this rocket leaves the ground

Flying over the moon of cheese

Delightful silver stars do please

As I look down

To the greedy ground

I feel the generosity

From creatures so round

With chubby like hands

A bit like pans

Though fingers of pegs

And stubby little legs

One night it did get me

That was curiosity

I opened a door

Inside there was no floor

The creature asked me to stand in

That was the only time I felt afraid within

But somehow I felt such trust

To walk in there was a must

I floated through the navy night

I really enjoyed my flight

The cloud was like a carpet

As we flew into orbit

Then there was a kind of circuit

And we came to a stop

I was asked to hold onto a giant lolly pop

Then once again we departed

Lights flashed before me

In such darkness I couldn’t see

But the wires on the machine were guiding me

Through winds so gentle

To a platform of metal

Where I was reunited with my friends of turquoise

They giggled like little naughty boys

And brought me back to the open door

I so badly wanted to explore

Through it I went

It was like a tent

But made from thin tin

I had a kind of medicine

Like honey from a spoon

Then I visited their home

In the centre of the moon

It was there I felt such importance

For I knew this was the rule

This vast light controlled my earth

Many generations before me

The moon gave birth

To a world we know

And now what do we have to show?

My friends are so sad

We were given this gift

Now treat  so bad

If only we respected what we had

And welcomed who we call aliens to our land

Reach out your hand

They can save us

But if they were spotted

Oh such a fuss

They would be shot at

And that would be that

For they control the moon

And the moon talks to our ocean

 There is no mystery

No magic potion

It just requires an open mind

Look into your soul

See what you will find

Live out of the box

Examine the rocks

Ask yourself why

Do we have a sky?

Time to go back now

But how?

I trust my friends so round

To take me back to the ground

I wish I could tell my family

What the lights mean to me

But I know they will think of me as crazy

I’m not

My mind isn’t lazy

I feel sorry for our makers

They created us like bread in bakers

They want to see us grow

And look good

Just like a plate of food

A garden of flowers

April showers

New born horses

But they are driven away

By our armed forces

I wish one day

You would open your heart

Make a new start

Know what is right

Have your second sight

See the dancing dots like me

Fly over the salted sea

Float in the bubble of a cloud

Make friends with those so turquoise and round

They make me feel so glad that they are around

So proud

They trusted me

I can’t wait until closed minds fall a sleep

Let them count sheep

Whilst I learn from our Lord

We live for today

And what we can afford

But love is free

The moon belongs to you and me

Fly with me so high

Into our gift of the big blue sky

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: