translate

Monday 27 July 2015

KISSED BY FIONA CUMMINGS


KISSED

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Kissed by the mermaid

The salt clings to my skin

Colours on the promenade

Makes me feel good within

Boats pass me by

The gulls with anticipation fly

Following the daily catch

They act like it’s their patch

Ripples turn into waves

Around me are mysterious caves

Shells on the beach

Are all in my reach

Skim a pebble across the tide

See the star fish hide

The stingers are out for what they can find

The air is so pure

This treatment is a cure

I love this life for sure

I feel I belong here

 Even though the ocean I have some fear

As I have to respect the fact

That it is like a pact

I guess a treaty

To admire such beauty

We have to bow to the sea God

The roaring wind which blows fiercely

All those who look upon it in curiosity

 This life for some can be hard

But for me it’s been a pleasure

But a holiday at my leisure

Now time to say goodbye

Salted tears I cry

For this has been more than some days away

It has been a dream for me

As many nights I did pray

That my Lord would clear the pathway

And allow this perfect holiday

Time to reflect

Moments to respect

To thank those I love

And for that I look to above

God of all oceans

Who may create life’s potions?

Silver stars from a blackened blanket

Guide us

Without fuss

Our soul has once again been stitched

And the badness has been ditched

What will I return to though?

A land of rain and snow?

Well nothing can remove this memory

Of time with my family

How beautiful it was to hold the hands of my loved ones

And look out to the enormous pond

We call the sea

This meant the world to me

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: