translate

Friday 31 July 2015

FI'S FRIDAY DIARY


 I feel sick.

I have a phone call to make and I really really don’t want to do it. Sometimes I’m so brave and other times I really just want to hide. Today is a hiding day.

 

This call is totally out of my comfort zone. It’s the big boy’s world. I am good at organising things big things events and so on, but when it comes to me? To personal things? Gosh I’m rubbish. So I will take my strength from you right now and pause this blog. Come back in a moment and continue writing. I will let you know if I made the dreaded call.

 

Okay, here I am. I’m on hold having been for ten minutes at least. Listening to this screeching music. I wouldn’t mind so much if there was an ending to the tune? It’s the same tune over and over again, here we go, the forth time in a row.

 

OK not too bad fourteen minutes waiting. The call a total waste of time. Thick people or person on the other end. Firstly I wish they would employ people who can speak clearly enough to understand. If they are not with heavy foreign accent, they have a really broad accent from a part of the UK. Whatever happened to clear words? My Son today showed me a video of a girl he knows who is a singer. I swear  she said the words in her head to the song, but what came out of her mouth? Nothing. Just jjjjuuuu’uuuujaaaaadddddbbbbb’bbbbjjjjjjjjuuuuu

Well that is what it sounded like.

 

 At our school the choir was quite strict and we had to be Chrystal clear with our words and we learned how to carry our voices across the hall church or wherever we sang. That isn’t taught now.

 

It’s like people when they are out with you. It’s loud. So many voices. The quietly spoken person who during a quiet place you struggle to hear decides to talk to you and he/she uses the same voice same tone same volume. Don’t people realise that when it’s noisy, you have to talk above that sound to be heard? Grrrrrrrrrr

 

So this stupid woman.

I said I received a print version of this important letter. I don’t read print. She said

“Can’t you get someone to read it for you and fill it in?” Well, at least I think that is what she said?

 

I said no, my Husband is also blind and she replied

“Well, a neighbour? Me, would you get a neighbour to fill in personal details about yourself? Her well, don’t worry we will send you a Braille version of the letter. Well, I then asked her to read the letter over the phone. She replied

“No, sorry, it’s very long. I then told her I didn’t read Braille either. She replied. “Oh, no. Now what do we do?”

Me. Read it over the phone. Her.

“Can’t do that. Takes too long. Anyway, you will get a Braille version. It’s on your file to get Braille as you are blind.

Me. Well, firstly every blind person sadly doesn’t read Braille. I don’t as I all ready told you.

 Her.

“Will you get another blind person to read it for you?”

 Well, I can get my Husband but if there is a form to fill in, how do we do this and if it’s on my folder to receive Braille, why has this letter come in print? She answered

“Der knows.

Me, “Sorry?

Her

“Der knows.” Me. was that “I don’t know?

Her “yeah

How difficult is it to say doesn’t and yes?

 

So now? What will happen? I really don’t know. It’s an important letter too. An important form. I’m so cross.

 

I really should go to the shop today. I just can’t. Once I get back into life I will be able to do it again but I’m totally exhausted still. It’s like we have been drugged. My Husband and I are the same. He is a sleep by ten each night. Not at all like him. I’m so lethargic. My Son is awake. He is out and about. Now out with a friend and last night the same but different friends. Not spending a lot of money as he doesn’t have it. He’s working hard too.

 

This morning wasn’t a good start. Teen accidently burned me with his pan and I burned my toast. Haha. My brain hasn’t activated since holiday. I’m taking some funny pills too that I really shouldn’t be but there is a reason for them. They are not prescribed and they have huge side effects oh boy I’m having those sides.

 

Tomorrow our Bro in Law is coming. What time? Not sure knowing him before the birds eat their breakfast.

 

Apart from that nothing planned this weekend. I hope to get myself right for next week. As next week I have a lot of work to do and a meeting. Also two poems one for a wedding one for a party for someone starting University. Or was that a party to celebrate their exam results from school? Really, I need to get a grip. Not sure how long I can stay on these pills.

 

Before you all think I’m taking something illegal I’m not. My Hub recommended them and he doesn’t have an insurance out for me haha haha.

 

Dinner tonight? Oh I really really don’t know. And, right now I really really don’t care.  The guilt will kick in when both my men are home later though, so I guess I should get my thinking cap on? Oh how good it would be not to care? To say each for their own? I never have been like that though. My ex always had his meals cooked for him too. God knows what he is eating now? I bet he never has vegetables? I hope he does.

 

Trying to get my Son to eat fruit these days is awful. Really, he used to eat at least five bits of fruit per day. Since he has started to eat meat, he really has gone downhill with his diet.

 

Oh we got some great news last night. Our girls are coming to stay in a few weeks. We can’t wait to see them.

 

OK I will go for now but have a great weekend won’t you? I hope to just chill. Let’s see.

No comments: