translate

Tuesday 14 July 2015

EVENING THOUGHTS


Good evening. Some words before I close the house and put it to sleep. Outside is calm. The weather is kind. Not too hot and very still. The nights already feel as though they are closing in for the autumn to welcome in the winter, though we haven’t had much of a summer yet!

 

When we are ready to hit the hay, our Son has just left to go out. As you do at this time of night….

 

Our guide dogs are exhausted. A hard day at work today for LC and Waggs worked a tiny bit but played a lot.

 

It is the night before my eldest Nieces birthday. She is only seven years younger than me so when she was a little girl we grew up like sisters. We went off the map of life for many many years but now have found each other again, its lovely to wish her a happy birthday.

 

Oh I am still craving for a huge bar of chocolate but still can taste as well the delicious cake that Arty brought today.

 

She told me of her plan to visit a village in France to have a painting holiday. It sounded ideal. The weather will be barmy and the greenery will be lush. I can hear the peaceful sounds and smell the fresh foliage. What an absolutely perfect holiday. To paint outside too. She said the place they are staying has roses climbing, and the family keep animals. They are meeting each other from the group every day for breakfast fresh croissants and coffee to discuss their painting plans for that day.

 

Wow, I just can dream of that. If I ever get the gift of sight, I will take up art for sure. I know there are loads of blind artists, but I would want to see what I was doing and what it looked like at the end.

 

I wish for your evening to be full of hope. I pray your heart beats in perfect rhythm. I ask for your shoulders to be at ease and your thoughts to be only positive.

 

So here are some really lovely words some proverbs firstly from China.

Even the most beautiful morning cannot bring back the evening. So make the most of your evening. The evening crowns the days.

 

From Russia with love! Take thy thoughts to bed with thee, for the morning is wiser than the evening.

“Well if that above proverb is true, how does one sleep if thoughts fill our minds? In England, we have a much shorter version and not so poetic of that Russian proverb and that is “Sleep on it. Haha.

 

Oh a lovely thing happened today. When I was walking with Arty, she picked some clover saying it was rare to see such a thing growing now. Oh the smell from it was beautiful. I have never smelt clover before. Have you? Clover and lavender I think would be the most perfect relaxing fragrance to sleep to.

 

Good night dearest Bloggets where ever you are in our globe I wish you a gentle sleep with dreams so sweet. X

 

No comments: