translate

Monday 6 July 2015

DIARY OF A TONIC


 Good day Bloggets. Well after the heatwave we have had in the UK, the weather forecast last night told us that it was all over for now, we would be lucky to see early teens as a number for this week. It’s still hot, but it has rained so much over the past two days the air is a lot cooler. If not for the rain, it would be perfect for me.

 

Another dreadful sleep for me last night with night terrors. I haven’t had those since I met my Husband. I used to get them a few times per week and my ex was great about them. My now hub sleeps through them hahaha. Seriously, that is scary as I totally go for it.

 

So today I got up dreading my day and there is still time to dread, but the meeting I went to this morning went OK in fact slightly more than OK. I was two shakes of a lamb’s tail of cancelling it, but reached out of my comfort zone again and went for it and all was fine.

 

What is the origin of the expression “Two shakes of a lamb’s tail?”

Shake is a recognised unit of time. At the time of the first atomic bomb, scientists needed a term for an interval of time equal to to ten nanoseconds. Since two shakes of a lambs tail is very quick, scientists coined the word (Shake) to describe this unit of time.

 

So I guess there are certain natural events that guide us when it comes to time, rather than saying one minute, or one hour.

 

I’m happy to report that my Canary, he’s Irish you know haha. Has used his bath. Teen says his feathers look really fluffy now. I’m so pleased and he is drinking out from his new bottle. He is such a little adventurer. I love him. How is it possible to love a bird?  I guess I would put any creature before a stranger. I have got into trouble before about saying that, but I don’t care, I have believed since I was a tiny child that animals have the same rights as we do. My little songster is so sweet and dear to me. I can’t see him, I can’t touch him mind you, I’m a little afraid of his wings flopping about or is that floating, or flapping? Well whatever I just have no idea what he looks like I could never see birds as a young person though I had some sight back then.  But in my mind and heart, he is adorable.

 

I have had no sleep for days my eyes feel like led balloons.

I feel like I have not had a weekend. The town was dreadful on Saturday. If you read my blog from then, you will know what I mean.

 

Hub convinced me to go onto the new Apple music. Hmm. I’m not sure. I don’t like change when it comes to technology. He is so adventurous. Me, if something works, don’t break it. ITunes was perfect for me. My Husband left that a long time ago and went onto Spotify! Now it’s the new Apple music. It has found its way on my IPod and I’m not impressed so far. Let’s see as normally it takes a year for me to get used to something.

 

I had bubble and squeak for lunch. Mash potato cabbage fried.

 

Only I didn’t fry mine. Haha. What a rather odd thing to have on its own, but I was a very odd thing on my own, so we were OK.

 

I gave my Waggatail a giant chew stick made from vegetable oil. She loved it and I asked her for a bite, of course I didn’t do that, but I pretended. She let me. Our dogs are so adorable and selfless. Oh I so wish children were the same…

 

Oh I wish I could go to bed right now. For those who live on your own, you can do that kind of thing, for me? I would feel so guilty. But I am so very tired. In three nights, I must have slept two hours.

 

This week I am seeing my really good friend and we are going out for lunch. We are going to a famous fish & chip shop. Now I told her I don’t eat anything with a face, so wouldn’t be eating fish, her answer? “That’s OK, they do all sorts, sausage and minced beef pies.

 

Oh my word.

 

Bless her.

 

She is a tonic though and a tonic I need right now.  

 

Talking of a tonic, here are some funny things I was reading just ten minutes ago.

Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner said it’s not easy to find beautiful as well as funny women.

I was just wondering if he only could find Ugly depressing ladies.

I heard that the Pentagon has a plan for combatting a zombie apocalypse

 The white lights you see when looking at the sky, are your white blood cells. So I’m told…

 

Well, I see those and I’m blind, I don’t have to look at the sky. My Husband, who was born blind, never saw anything like that. I ask him how, he answers well, if I see them, I don’t know what bright lights look like so my brain can’t tell me that am what is going on.

 

A British woman woke up after a stroke is devastated as she has acquired a Chinese accent. She has been told she won’t get rid of it but there are elocution classes, surely?

I smiled as I was reading about a video you can watch with a family of ducks using our crossing on a road as they had the cars waiting at the zebra crossing they all got over safely.

There are so many funnier stories than this one at


 

I must dash now, I hope your day is as good as it can be and tomorrow will be even better than today. X

No comments: