translate

Thursday 9 July 2015

EVENING THOUGHTS


Good evening Bloggets. How do I find you tonight? I got on the bathroom scales this morning and to my delight, I had lost 7 and a half lbs.

Hmm. I didn’t trust the lady shouting in obvious agony at me standing on her, so I got off and then back on. Well, this time it was even more incredulous. I had lost 10lbs.

 

I bent down and hoped that my bedroom blinds were closed as I was on the entrance of our en-suite. Haha.

 

Not sure the builders from across the road would be ready for that. Not before breakfast anyway. Well, not before supper either!!

 

Then I realised that a tiny bit of the bath mat was under the scales. So removed that so they lay flat on the tiles and tried again. Well. I’m the same weight even though this week I have had nothing to eat after half six in the evening. And salad most dinner times. I wasn’t surprised. Though not impressed.

 

I just need a giant vacuum to come along and do its stuff.

“Yack, who would empty the bag?”

 

My Teen has been out all day. Where? I would love to tell you….  I asked him what time he will be home for his dinner at half five and his answer?

“Later!” So is that six, seven, eight, eleven? Then it would be late supper or even almost breakfast, right? Well, I’m not waiting much longer its half seven now, if he doesn’t let me know soon, my kitchen will be closed. I expect he has had food all day though.

 

We received our water bill today. Oh my word. It came in Braille. I can’t believe how deer it is? As in expensive? We think, we hope, it stems from when our shower was leaking. As when we phoned up to enquire about it, we were told that there was a constant flow of water coming from our property. But the last time they could do a check on our house was from summer last year till December. August is the next check, so we have to phone back again then and ask if there is still that flow going on. If so, now our shower has been fixed, I don’t know what we will do. We certainly can’t hear any water, and there have been no incidences when we have had to acquire wellington boots.

 

Since our Canary has got his new bath and big bottle, he is a happy little soul. My Son says he is a totally new character.

The canary that is, not my Son…

 

The subject I was asked to write about today I will leave for tomorrow, as its evening here and I don’t want to end the days on such a subject as I will start it on tomorrow.

So how about a laugh? Reading some scientific studies tonight, this is what I found about laughter.

Friends are more likely to provoke laughter than jokes.

Did you know that rats are ticklish? Though to hear their high pitch sounds, you need special equipment. So no tickling of the rats until you get that?

Your brain can tell the difference between deliberate and helpless laughter. Laughter is contagious according to our scientists.

Relationships last longer if you laugh? Well, I guess that depends who you are laughing at or about?  If it’s your partner, not sure how long that will last? Hehehe. Where he was due to make a speech. This was in 1938

 

Hitler changed his schedule and left half an hour before he intended. There by avoiding the explosion which would have killed him and his senior party and of course we wouldn’t have seen the deaths of more than forty million people.

 

On that note, I will go for now. Sleep well and dream beautiful thoughts.

No comments: