translate

Friday 31 July 2015

TILL DEATH DO US PART BY FIONA CUMMINGS


TILL DEATH DO US PART

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I saw her across the room

She was like a rose in full bloom

The crowd around us disappeared

My heart danced and cheered

No one else made a sound

My feet leaped from the ground

My stomach said hello to my mouth

And my words spoke but don’t ask what about

I am sure I began to shout

Though no sound came out

What was happening to me?

Who was this beauty before me

She was all that I could see

Her stare kept looking through me

She shot an arrow through my heart

This was the start

I knew I had to meet with her

This wasn’t coincidence

It was meant to occur

It wasn’t by chance

This was a true romance

The clouds in the azure sky

Kissed the sun as they floated by

It rained all around us

But we remained dry

How to get to her?

We were divided by so many people

Seconds earlier the noise was unbearable

Now so peaceful

In her silk of purple

She looked so regal

With hair of gold

Her heart had been sold

I would pay a fortune

To dance to her tune

To sit with her under full moon

I was high on that mountain

My spirits were touching as far as possible

To get to her seemed impossible

My head was asking my legs to walk

My brain was also telling my lips to talk

One step forward and two backwards

Why did people, get in my way?

For my feelings, they had no regards

To put my body through this without rewards?

  She stole my soul

I had only one goal

And that was to hear her voice

It was her I wanted to hold

If I could be so bold?

Her cerulean eyes hypnotised me

 So it was only her I could see

Her smile was warm

She was the calm after a storm

I had been reborn

Into her world

Of diamonds and pearls

She was so pretty

Her long hair of golden curls

The most beautiful girl in the whole world

We got closer

I wanted to hold her

To protect her for life

Make her my wife

I knew the first second I saw her that day

It was her I wanted until my dying day

To make her happy like no other

To tell her every morning I love her

To kiss her each evening and make her feel safe

To make our home a happy place

To look at her stunning face

To dress her in fine lace

To feed her fruits fresh from the trees

To have her on my arm would please

She would want for nothing at all

To need anything she would just call

I would catch her if she were to start to fall

Adore her forever and a day

As we were drawn closer together

I knew we would be as one forever

And we were until today

When the angels took her away

Silver tears fall

As I hear her call

But I can’t get to her at all

Fly free my dear

Don’t feel such fear

For I’m not far away

You can see me every day

 I feel so empty

Totally alone

No one at the other end of the phone

At our table I set one place

I stare at the wall

 Rather than her face

No one will ever take her place

My beauty

To meet again is my duty

I light this candle

Upon our mantle

And say these words

As I look to the birds

 “We had to part

But not for long

Listen to that morning song

I’m not far from you my love

Fly free dearest dove

It is only you I will ever love

So until we meet above

Don’t threat

My pet

I’m close by

Don’t cry

Look for the sun in the sky

Feel the warmth and ask yourself why?

Why were you taken from me today?

Why didn’t God answer when my hands were together?

 And I did pray?

When you have the answer my darling

Please tell me for I am so lost

Its summer an yet I feel frost

Your clothes still hang in the robe

In the bathroom is your soap

Your slippers warm on the hearth

I still hear your laugh

You’re always in my heart

You were the one so very smart

Oh how you have broken my heart

But I know we will meet again soon

For that day in the room

Was not just by chance

Before you I didn’t dance

Nor sing

I have your ring

But will keep it until we meet again

And once more over

I make this wish with the four leaf clover

We will renew our vows

Choirs of angels

Sing with them too

Enjoy the view

As you welcome others into heaven

I will be there in the queue

Because I love you

You are the only person to have melted my heart

And fifty years ago we made a new start

Today we did part

But not for long my sweetheart

My first and forever love

Find peace way above

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: