translate

Thursday 30 July 2015

YESTERDAYS DIARY


Myanmar (Burma) and Bolivia are our new Bloggets this week. Hey there, how are you doing? And all of my dear regular Bloggets I have missed you all when I was away.  So much so, I can’t stop writing, but I will have to as gosh I’m behind in my work. House work and work work. Haha.

 

Today on the gender, Ironing, dusting floors and cooking. Oh back to normal there is a dog run with my name on it but not going to be good as it’s never stopped raining since we got back. Also I have loads of research to do. All before five today. Its lunch time already. I slept in till ten this morning then I had to go into the office for a short while. Back now. Had brunch and let the graft commence.

 

Hub has been so tired this week. I think after being out of six thirty starts for some days and just being allowed to chill, has sent his body into shock.

 

Teen been given loads of shifts at work. He has had a small amount of play time too though, but in traditional teen style, normally starts at eleven at night.

 

As for our Dogs? Well, the creaky one, our old Long chops, she is exhausted. The lovely man she stayed with walked her on average four miles per day that would be Okay, but one day eight? A little far for an old girl. I know how she feels. Hehehe. The little one, Waggatail, well, I’m not sure she has forgiven me yet for bringing her back from her Aunties house. I think she was rather comfortable there. So much for me thinking they would pine! I must say that is the first time I have left my girls and felt comfortable in a very long time. I totally trusted one and a half of the people they went to.

 

I’m cooking for the boys later but me; I’m going to have a healthy salad. Last night’s dinner was bloating and believe me, I’m bloated enough.

 

We are seeing my brother in law this weekend. That will be lovely I haven’t seen him for months. In fact Christmas was the last time. He said he had half an hour spared. Kind of him? Haha.

 

Going out with my neighbour tomorrow for a coffee. Her extension is all done but she still has only half a kitchen. Almost five months now, I expect she is rather fed up. It was her birthday yesterday last year we went out to celebrate her 50th normally I would say where has the year gone, but this past year has been one of such enormous change for me. So seams a lot longer for me personally.

 

Oh how I would love to be able to call a cleaner right now and sort my life out? Really, I don’t know where to start. Thank goodness before I went away, I did the house from top to bottom, so it is really still clean, it’s the thought of doing it all again. Once I start I will be OK I would just rather talk to you all.

 

So the news? When we were away, we didn’t listen to it. This is what makes a break from normality. You don’t live in the nasty world we normally do when on holiday when the news isn’t getting pushed into your face every hour. I came back to some awful stories I was going to write about but just realised that then I would be pushing them onto you. And why? You would only get upset. So I won’t write about that. Let’s just say, I hope all people who are cruel to animals suffer the worst death and then the devil will meet with them.

 

Next week for Hub is a busy one. He is away for two days overnight. Then he is away another two days but home at nights. I’m just so pleased his team are so good. They really are like a little family. But there are so many challenges for him and them. I guess it keeps his brain active.

 

Our eldest daughter in September is leaving her home. She has a scholarship with her local Cathedral. This gives her a wage and house to live in. She will share with a young lad. He too has a scholarship. This will last a year then she will go to University. The year after that the little one will also go to University. As for my Son? He wants to some days then not the others. TO be honest, he has the intelligence to do this, but not the commitment to study on his own. He would rather sleep, exercise and party. He is a good worker though and never ever misses a shift at his job. He is dedicated for sure but it’s not what he wants to do for life. What does he want to do? He doesn’t know this is fine at his age; there was talk of the Navy. I hope this is a phase. I hate anything to do with guns fighting or conflict.

 

I loved it when we were away just watching him with our eldest girl. He was as interested in photography as is she as she studied it for a short while. If she lived closer she could be a good influence on him.  He needs inspiration. Sadly my Husband isn’t forceful enough and I am his Mum. I’m uncool.

How lucky kids are who have great grandparents. And other family members who will watch out for the kids.

 

OK. We are half way through this week. So, how about a smile? If your week has been tough, kick off your shoes, unless your feet stink and you are in a small office of course, sit back and grin from ear to ear, now come on practice? Can’t see you yet, turn that frown upside down.

 

B & Q a hard ware shop in the UK who also sell plants are to hire wait for it? “Plant whisperers” 

A spokesperson reported to have said that each plant species has its own personality, so different phrases and songs work better for different plants. Hahahahahaha. And why not?

 

People in Asia are wearing clothes with offensive words on them and they don’t have a clue what they are wearing as they don’t speak or read English. Shame on us.

 

A man has made a 65ft sculpture of a sausage dog made from balloons. “That’s a lot of blowing.

 

In a part of the UK cows are to be fitted with lights and high Vis jackets so motorists can see them on the common.

 

What do you get when you come across a lemon and a cat?

A sourpuss.

 

Finally a quick recipe.

Chicken stir fry

Calories 500

Serves 4

Protein

42g

Carbs 76g

Cooking time

35 minutes

So what you need

4 skinless boneless chicken fillets

1 egg white

1 tbsp. cornflour and 1 tsp extra

350g Thai flavoured rice

Thumb size root ginger

1 red pepper

1 shallot

1 garlic clove

1 tbsp. vegetable oil

1tbsp Soy sauce

100ml chicken stock

1 lime

Handful basil leaves

Method

Slice chicken into bite size pieces. Beat the egg white and 1 tbsp. cornflour in a bowl.

Tip in the chicken and coat with the mix marinate for 25 minutes. Don’t place in fridge or will go hard. Now rinse rice under cold water. Until water runs clear. If you can’t see, guess. Haha.

Making perfect rice, pour into pan of boiling water with salt. Cook with lid on then cook rice uncovered for ten minutes until the water has all gone.

Put oil in frying pan. Cook chicken for a few moments then add shallots garlic pepper and ginger. And if you have anything else you want to throw in, do it. Then add Soy sauce and stock Cook for another five minutes.

Squeeze lime and add leaves.

Okay, okay, enough already. Laters with love. X

 

  

No comments: