translate

Friday 10 July 2015

WORDS ON A WING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Words on a wing

By Fiona Cummings

If I were to go away would you miss me?

Would you even know I’d gone?

Would you wonder what could have been?

Could you just carry on?

Would you keep looking for me in habit?

If I were to return in the breaze would you grab it?

You for sure I would miss

Would you want just one more kiss?

To touch my hand one more time

To understand and be kind

How would things be different?

Would you change anything?

Now my soul floats on a wing

And a cherub does sing

As I look down to you

I have this perfect view

No mist is before me

The sky is clear

I live not in fear

I wonder about you and me

If I were to say goodbye

Would you even cry?

Would you shed a tear?

And ask why?

Or would life go on for you

With your grass so green and sky so blue

Every rainbow has a pot of gold

Every treasure can be sold

Each creased material can fold

Everything into perfect place

No blemishes on that face

So what do I mean to you?

Now I’m gone?

If you were to wake and your nightmare didn’t last long

It had been a mistake so now carry on

 You’re facing me what will you say

This is a new day

A new start

I speak from my heart

Will you talk in the same rhythm as mine?

Will we grow like grapes on a vine?

What will I expect?

Any kind of respect?

My words will you reject?

I’m stuck in between

From life before I have seen

And a new world above

Where I hope there is love

I can come back to your arms

Or fly high for a life of calm

Show me the map please

I’m not joking nor do I tease

You’re getting further away

On earth have I seen my day?

New birth a new way

Will I remember you at all?

What if I fall?

Will you catch me?

Look up, do you see me?

It’s your decision

This picture you will commission

The cards you will deal

This pain or pleasure you will feel

This is it now

So real

Like a fruit you will peal

Your turn to reveal

I await your answer

No time to be a chancer

So what is it?

In your life do I fit?

Words I’m waiting

Not debating

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: