translate

Saturday 30 September 2017

WHAT'S FOR DINNER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. A day where I was sure that we would have a relaxed day, especially my Husband who needs a break from reality and a chill weekend, he has cleaned our drains, cleaned the dog garden and cleaned the stair carpet with our carpet cleaner. I vacuumed and did the landing, then after vacuuming the stairs, we both used the carpet cleaner. I held the enormous machine and he did the cleaning of them. I groomed the dogs, fed them, took them out for a twelve-minute walk before the heavens opened again. Then at last Hub is sitting in the conservatory with a cup of coffee and I have made dinner for tonight and our Sons lunch for work tomorrow. He has been enjoying the wraps I have made him this week. Normally he does his own lunch but this week I did them as to be honest, by the time I clean the mess up after him, I may as well have done it for him, though he is a great cook and does tidy, just it’s not as tidy as I like it. Next week though I think he is back on duty. I have enjoyed making his food this week though and he is so grateful bless him.

 

For dinner, tonight I’m doing stuffed small potatoes. Washed them, put them in a dish with a lid for an hour after putting some oil, rock salt, pepper and potatoes seasoning on them

 Then when they cool off a bit, I shall half them, scoop out the insides, and put the insides of the potatoes into the prepared dish of other ingredients. Then the skins of the potatoes I will put on a tray back in the oven to crisp up. Then remove and add the dish of mixed potato, grated cheese, chives, mayonnaise and butter. And then pop them back in the oven with it turned off, just to keep them warm whilst I serve the rest of the food. It’s steak for the family and sweetcorn. I am having a vegetarian option to go with the corn and the potatoes.

 

In my Sons wraps, there is sweetcorn, green pepper, tomatoes, cheese, spinach and fried Mexican beans all mixed in a dish with mayonnaise. Sometimes I put tuna in and today turkey.

I fold them sealing them at the ends too, folding them underneath and popping them into the oven for just four or five minutes. Bring them out and put some Parmesan onto and then wrap them when they are cooler into foil then put them in his bate box as we call it.

 Smile.

 

Going to watch our X Factor. To be honest, its dreadful this year. As far as singing goes, they are all like street singers/buskers.

Before I go, I have been asked by a couple of Bloggets to tell you what groups on line have been suggested to me of late. So, are you ready for these?

(The new screw 9 to 5 community)

Or, how about this one?

(The spiritual bad boss ass lady)

Hmm, now then decisions decisions, which group should I pick?

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: