translate

Monday 18 September 2017

MY DIARY OF NEWS AND VIEWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I have steak and huge baking potatoes as well as carrots, mushrooms and courgettes. Now, what to do with that?

 

Will our Son be home for dinner? I doubt it. I think he may be moving in with Shamrock and her family. He has slept there for two nights in a row. Time will tell.

 

I won’t let her sleep here. It’s against everything I believe in. When I say won’t let her sleep here, well, all night I mean, as she does sleep here. Well, she goes to bed. I still am shocked just how brazened the youth are these days.

 

I have so much ironing to do today, my lovely husband did loads for me yesterday. He’s such a good man. He is so selfless with me. I know his old life was full of misery and he worked like a dog, so I try to do as much as I can for him around the house. He cooked for the first-time last week in three months and I guess the next time he will cook will be Christmas. We both make the dinner together. It’s kind of a family tradition as we play Christmas songs he has a glass of sherry and we just love the experience. He wasn’t respected at all in his life before we got together, but that is all behind him now as they are a forgotten lot. Thankfully he has moved on. As have I.

 

Today the sun is shining. We have had a wet weekend. Heavy rain. The wind that was expected last week seems to have blown over us. But cool Autumn nights are here for sure. 

 

Shamefully I have started to shop for Christmas. I refuse to buy anything like decorations or festive table accessories, but gifts I have bought. It’s so hard for us to shop that whenever I see something on line, I just get it. I have my brother and sister in laws and two of my friends, just two more to buy for, that’s two couples. I have noticed that things are really expensive this year. Something that was £15 last year is £17 this year.

 

We have bought our Son his big gift, so just medium and small things to get now. Not sure how I will do that this year. Normally we go to the big shops with our friend but I think she is coming for such a short time this year we won’t have time. I don’t want to give him money as he won’t spend it on himself. Also, I want to buy him something from my heart.

 

My friend told me last night that she has had old fashioned sweets delivered to her door. Wow, can you imagine that? Oh, gosh, my bell would be forever ringing if we had that service here.

 

So, waiting for deliveries today. Stuck in my living room. As if I dare to go into my kitchen, they will be away. I have bought my Brother and sister in law a really class gift. I hope they will like it. My friend is so easy to buy for. She is like me. I always say I am so easy to buy gifts for as I love everything. Some people are very narrow minded and only like certain things, like my Husband. My friends Husband too. Oh, and my Son, I’m seeing a pattern here.

 

In our news, a 14 and a 15-year-old have been arrested for killing a 60-year-old man. Gosh, we have seen such crime of late from children getting younger and younger.

 

What else is in the news? Hurricane Maria is to slam a Caribbean Island. Poor people it’s so sad.

There is an article how Donald Trump would embarrass the queen because of his so called racist views. Em, have they met our Queens Husband?

 

So, you can now buy a doll with a cochlear implant. Really? Not sure how I feel about this. So, think about this. If you make a doll with a hearing aid or such an implant, are we going to see children roleplaying putting things into their ears? How about a doll that comes with a booklet with pictures and easy words to learn how to use sign language and you talk to the doll and they are able to answer simply by moving their hands and fingers? I’m sure it’s possible and it will teach children how to communicate with those who can’t hear, even if it’s just to say, hello, goodbye, how are you? My name is what is your name or let’s play? Each time the child communicates correctly with the doll, the doll, will applaud! Simple, but better than poking their ears with God knows what.

 

If you believe the biblical doomsday, the world will end on September 23rd. Well to be honest, it may, but because of man, nothing to do with natural causes.


 

 

Well on that note, I shall leave you and hope we are all here next week at this time.

 

 

 

No comments: