translate

Saturday 9 September 2017

DIARY OF THE SHOCK TO COME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Bloggets. Gosh what a strange day. Last night just as our Son was leaving the house, he asked his Dad if he would be in today? Hub replied of course it’s Saturday but BW will remember the days when Hub used to travel abroad. In those dark days, Hub was out of the house every day sometimes for a couple of weeks I think the longest time we were without him at home was 17 days!

 

So, Boy Wonder then said I have a lovely surprise for you both tomorrow. I shall bring it to you.

Oh

My

Goodness.

My immediate thought was, he’s buying a puppy. I prayed not as he is talking about getting one for when him and Shamrock get a place together. I really hope they won’t as I am sure that Shamrock doesn’t like dogs. And, BW works most days and when he isn’t at work, he is sleeping or at the gym. All night my heart was in my mouth. Oh gosh. Shamrock works long hours too and it’s so unfair on a dog to buy one because they are cute. Also, they haven’t thought about the cost of a dog not just to buy one, but feeding it, and vet bills, not to mention the damage it will do to a house. To them a dog is a dolly to my Son he only has seen guide dogs and to be honest, they are not the normal dog. They come to us at a year and a half the poor puppy walkers who have them from 6 weeks and the people who look after them whilst they are with their Mother knows just how difficult it is and they get all the hard work, whilst we get the end product, and as I said, they are so not normal dogs. They are trained to start with. And they are so calm, unlike a dog that isn’t, well a guide dog.

 

Well he was up this morning really early. Gosh, oh no. The cat and dog shelter may close half day on a Saturday. I’m not very good at keeping calm especially when it comes to animal welfare.

 

He left the house we had breakfast and then the front door opened. Oh no, something was up. Firstly, our dogs were sniffing the door between the lounge and the front porch. They never do that. They could smell something. I told Hub, see, I told you, he said, no, he wouldn’t he isn’t so stupid.

 

I shouted BW’s name. He didn’t answer, why not? He came in,

“Hi Mum. Where is Dad?””

My face was like thunder.

“What have you got?”” accusingly! “Hold your arms out Mum?”” “No, not on your Nelly. What have you got what have you done?  Please tell me it’s not an animal?””

“It is, come on, hold your arms out?”” Well what was it a rabbit or a dog. Even a blooming owl, he told me yesterday that you can buy a barn owl for £30.

 

Eventually he told me it was a dog. I said it’s not yours please tell me it’s not yours? He smiled and said no Mum, it’s my old bosses dog. Well I had heard about his boss having a puppy and weeks ago I said to him it’s cruel as she is never in the house. Well this bundle of wild fluff was put in my arms. His boss had given him the code for her gate and key to her house to spend time with the pup whilst she was at work.

 

Well the pup ran around the house weeing on the floor and trying to eat the wires. Our dogs thought it was a great toy and hoped I’m sure that the batteries would never run out. At one point pup had a hold of poor Little Fella’s tail and I can tell you Pup has sharp teeth. Well LF wasn’t too sure about the new toy and Waggatail came to the rescue of her little brother and told Pup off. Pup wasn’t bothered. He is three months and has no fear. Then BW gave me pups toy a lovely fluffy teddy bear. It squeaks. This is relevant, bear with.

 

 BW said he thinks he needs to go to the toilet, pup, not Boy Wonder. So, I said well you are going to have to really watch the pup or he will get out of the fence. BW replied, no’oo’oooo’oo

He won’t Mum. Well, my Son knows best.

 

Next thing we hear is our boy shouting Mum I have lost him.

 

I ran out and went to our gate. I have never seen BW run as fast and boy, did he panic?

 

I stood at the gate with all sorts going through my mind like I pray the dog doesn’t get run over, what if our dangerous dogs from across the way are out? And, how on earth will Boy Wonder explain this one to his boss? I have lost your £750 pup  

 

I had a thought, I still was carrying the teddy. I squeaked it. Next thing I knew as BW’s voice was in the far distance, pup was around my ankles.

 

I picked him up. Hub came to see if he was OK, Pup drew blood on Hub. Boy Wonder came back in a right state he was worried sick.  We all came in Hub, me, our Son, Waggs, Little Fella and in my arms an excited adventurous pup.

 

Doors closed and play time continued. He found a wire to try to bite and a dog bag that had come out of the dog cupboard when BW got pup a huge dog chew. But what was to follow?

 

BW took pup out for a walk. Two hours later, I called him to see if he was OK? Oh, he had walked six miles into town. I said with the pup? Yes, he’s loving it. He has asked me to carry him quite a bit, I said he will Son, that’s far too far for a puppy! It was pouring with rain too. So, BW announced that he was just going to bring the pup back to “Our House”” and clean him up. He came in the dog was wet. BW was more so. BW said. “Mum, can I bath him?”” “Em, no!”” so he got a clean towel and dried him then got the dog perfume and sprayed him then gave him another treat then put him in Waggatails bed, Waggs wasn’t impressed. Then BW had something to eat then took him home.

Few?

 

When he took pup home, he had to feed him I can say the puppy will sleep for sure after running around the house with our two and then his great escape then his huge walk into town and back and, BW, went to his place of work to show the staff the dog.

 

Our dogs have been out for a walk too so now it’s seven and its chill time. We have had dinner I made the boys turkey, mash, carrots and Yorkshire puddings. Boy Wonder is in bed now. hahahaha. He’s also been to the gym a couple of hours ago and I’m sure he will be out late to see Sham when she finishes work. I’ve put the lottery on it’s just under seventeen million tonight. I just don’t understand people who have puppies who work. It’s so irresponsible. I also hope Boy Wonder won’t make a habit of this, though he enjoyed his day, I’m not sure I can deal with the stress of a lost dog again.

  

No comments: