translate

Friday 1 September 2017

DIARY OF TINTIN AND THE DENTIST BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
I’m so sleepy today. I had a bad sleep. Shamrock came last night brought Hub an I some lovely treats then cooked her dinner bless her, straight from work if I knew I would have made her something. Anyway, we spoke for an hour or so then I wondered where Hub had gone after his bath, he had gone to bed. An early night for him he was exhausted must have been after his hair cut experience the night before. Smile. So, I went to bed early, fell asleep about midnightish, and woke just after one this morning then couldn’t get back to sleep until after five today then our Son woke bless him for work just after half five so I was awake then Hub got up for work at half six.

 

The night before yesterday, our Son kindly took his Dad for a haircut to a new barber where my boys pals go. Oh, my word. Let me tell you that Hub is, well, refined. Well-spoken and likes his fineries. We normally go to a posh hairdresser in our city but the lovely guy who cuts our hair moved, remember, I told you about him in another blog, well, I found him but it took forever to do so, we got so lost and frustrated. I love him and will go again, though not sure we will rely on our dogs and ourselves to do so next time, possibly a taxi and bus. So, BW went to a new barber. Well, inside they have very old-fashioned chairs with a reception desk which is basically an old door still with its hinges and handles on.

 

They have old fashioned lamps on the wall and wooden beams on the ceiling to make it look old fashioned. Oh, and the door by the way the one used for a desk, still also had the glass in it.

 

So, quirky some would say, not so quirky when it came to the staff.  They wore caps and their clothes were, well, different, and so on and their tattoos? One client just sat in the chair laughing in a manic kind of way whilst the other guy asked one of the barbers if he could come around to his house again as he quoted, needed a good old smoke!

 

The music was our Sons kind of music, loud awful bad-mouthed men singing about what they want to do to women men and anything that moves as well as drugs.

 

I think Hub was glad to get out of there but he did say they did a good haircut. Haha. They got back about seven in the evening and all four of us had dinner laughing about the event.

 

We went out early last night to the pub quiz with our friends. I can tell you, we were rubbish. The questions were so difficult and normally I answer about five or seven was my best. I just tell them the questions are well before e my time. Haha. Last night I answered three questions. As for the picture quiz? It was the 2017 formula 1 racing drivers   names they were after and when you had their names, you had to match who they drove for. Well, come on…

 

There were 54 questions yesterday and the top score was 35. We got a shameful 20. And yes, we were last. There were a tiny amount of people playing last night. Only four teams. Can you believe the team who won, there were two of them? Only two to get that many. There were two questions I kicked myself as they were so easy. Once I got the answers. One was who played the Mother in the film Meet the Fockers… One of my favourite films I love thos kind of movies and I really knew the answer, once it was told to me. The second question was what was the name of the craft toy in the seventies? Oh, my, I loved that toy. I even tried to get it for my Son when he was small as it was one of my favourite things to play with as a little girl. So, the answers? And these were the easiest answers, and I still didn’t get them. Firstly, for the film it was Barbara Streisand and the toy? Fuzzy felts.

 

There were questions like who scored the goal for Liverpool, between them and another team, I can’t even remember who they were, in 1972 and what team did he play for beforehand? And, what nationality was Tintin from the books “The adventure of Tintin? Well, I said he was foreign but our friend was sure he was English, so our friend was trusted, so that was what was written. Hahaha. I didn’t have a clue only his name wasn’t English. And the answer? Do you know it? Well we didn’t, he was Belgian

 

Going to have a cup of tea now before writing a review for someone and doing some editing then helping someone with their English language. God help them…  My dog is wresting after assisting her Mum to get to the dentist today. Hub and I had to go and Thank God Hub after months is on the mend as for me? Oh boy, I have to go back in a month as does hub for him it’s not much for me a filling. I hate the needles. My guide dog was so brilliant today, sometimes my eyes fill up with pride and gratitude towards her. Today that was one of those days, or was it just relief that I was out of the dentist? Having said that, she was a lovely lady. For sure the nicest I have seen for years. Mind you, I may not say that in a few weeks’ time… She is an Indian dentist and I chose her over the one I saw last time as the last one English was so unprofessional and didn’t fill me or Hub with confidents.

 

 

One of the best films. So funny.


 

No comments: