translate

Wednesday 20 September 2017

DIARY OF TODAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


As I sit here, after receiving my home grocery delivery, and after I have had, every single strange delivery man coming with their bags of goodies, and minds full of oddities, I can tell you today’s delivery man was the most peculiar of all!

 

So, you may be waiting for a description of him? Honestly, I wouldn’t know where to begin! Let’s just say, I was glad to close the door.

And lock it!

 

My eyes are in a lot of pain today. Both of them. This is rare, normally it’s just one eye. Both of my eyeballs feel as if they have been kicked by feet sporting pointy shoes and then pulled out by forks. They also feel as if they are being squeezed out and are bleeding behind them. The pain is giving me a headache. Just to open them feels as if A, my eyelids are so heavy and B, where there were eyeballs, now are holes. It’s as if a draft is getting in my eyes. I need a warm bath for them, a warm towel and a hug. Smile, pity? Me? No. I have a nerve, pardon the pun, to complain about pain when I know just what my poor Husband owes through with his eyes. He has pain every single day of his life. Thankfully, they are not at all like when he and I first got together. But that was down to his old life and thank God now he is free of that. But still it’s a cruel world when we have pain as well as our eyes not working. Some, would say, what kind of God would do that?

 

My love is working today at the office and he is really unwell. Shamrock brought more germs to our house passed them onto our Son then he onto Hub. He has a big couple of days a head of him too. A large conference where he will have to do a lot of talking.

 

My Son cooked chicken with garlic last night. I didn’t go near it, and I asked him to clean his dishes so I didn’t even touch them an yet, I have washed my hands so many times and two showers later, I can still smell garlic on my hands.

 

Who said garlic was good to keep colds a bay? He eats loads of it and still he has a cold, cough or saw throat. Having said that, he goes out when it’s rather cold wearing almost nothing as he heads to the gym. I fear November and beyond for him. A coat? What’s that? Smile.

 

He is at the gym for the second time today. This time he is being shadowed. Sham is going as BW has been asked to train a lady from his place of work, so I guess Sham is chaperone.

 

Today my heart goes out to you all but those in Mexico? Oh, it’s dreadful. The world has seen such devastation this year.

I appreciate the two people in my life who are closest to me, my dogs and all of my dearest friends. I’m blessed my family are safe.  

It’s really odd, there are no birds I don’t like it. I hate the sky being silent of tweets. I sit and wonder why? Do they know something we don’t know?

 

Tomorrow meeting with a lady so I guess our mouths will be working overtime. Let’s just say, there are no silent moments when we are together.  

 

Words before I go

Success consists from going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Winston Churchill

It is never too late to be who you might have been.

George Eliot

 

 

 

No comments: