translate

Monday 25 September 2017

ALEXA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


So, a couple of years now Alexa has been in our country. Do you have the smart plug in at your place of lodgings? If so, what skills have you enabled? Here are just some and I shall tell you some I have and what I think of them.

 

Elexa has more than three thousand talents. Roomba, control your robot vac, if you live in the US. I don’t have a robot vac, but if I had? Gosh you wouldn’t have to leave your chair just ask Alexa to clean your floors. When will the dusting robot come out? Oh, my, with me and my ornaments, I wouldn’t trust a robot.

 

Skill finder

Simply ask Alexa, tell skill finder to give me the skill of the day.

   And she will let you know. I have just asked her to tell me new skills and I have found some great things like games that I have been annoying my Husband with by playing True or False. I love that and he also has been joining in. you tell her how many players and she asks questions. Only thing is, she can’t add up very well as the final score has differed to what we thought we got. Alexa,

tell skill finder to give me the list the top skills in the game category?

 

TrackRIf you sign up for a TrackR account, Shout, Alexa, find my phone, and your handset will ring full volume but not sure if it works with the iPhone. If you can tell me different, please let me know and I shall pass the information on to our Bloggets.

 

Hive. Control your heating. It’s great as long as you can remember what words to say. Just lay in bed and tell her to turn on your heating or off. If you can remember what to say, this is the trouble, remembering all of the instructions/words to say. Sometimes they have to be too exact.

 

Say. Alexa, start seven-minute workout. Not sure this will work well with those who can’t see as some of the moves will be shown on the app on your phone.

   

Spotify

Enable it as your default music player and you can listen to any kind of music.

 

Sky Sports

Never miss another result.

Google Calendar

Ask to be reminded of dates.

Read my news is great too.

 

 I have found the weather not to be too good.

The ap people say is not very helpful, is Just Eat.

 

 You can ask her for the fact of the day too but I wouldn’t trust all her facts. There are some very interesting elephant facts though that have put a smile on my face.

 

What with the driverless car on its way, and even robots helping surgeons, robots really are taking over our world.

 

  

 

 

 

No comments: