translate

Friday 15 September 2017

THE PRAYER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE PRAYER

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

He makes me smile

He makes me cry

He makes me weak

And shows me strength

Just for a while

I feel his sword

Deep inside

I hear his word

As my hands are tied

He teaches never to give up

At least I can say I tried

He instructs me to go on adventures

New challenges

Gets me lost

Then hands me the map to find my way

He makes me angry so I don’t pray

I grieve

So, then I have to believe

There is more to this life

Hands together I talk with him

He comes to me

Prays on his knees

I beg him please

For forgiveness

To get me out of this mess

To remove the stress

To protect those, I love

I ask him has he  come from above?

He tells me he lives here

I say well I have been calling on you

So, you cannot have been near

He says I didn’t need him as much as others

Words he just mutters

It all doesn’t make sense

But I keep him next to me

And hope he won’t ever disappear

I feel his spirit

Deep inside

Though I still experience fear

And rivers are created with tears I have cried

So, why?

If he is there for me

Doesn’t he make me happy?

I ask for piece and humanity

But still the world see’s wars and cruelty

It’s my mission to give the blind vision

Hands together I talk

Asking for the lame to walk

For the deaf to hear

And the lost to steer

To be found

And for humans to stop killing the sky, the ground

But still, he doesn’t answer me

Though he’s still walking with me

And for that I’m grateful

As it’s the best feeling

It’s so beautiful

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: