translate

Tuesday 26 September 2017

THE BULBS OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Here in England, it’s easy to start to get depressed low fed up, whatever however you feel right now at the prospect of the dark nights coming early in our day, or shivering at the bus stop on the way to work, having to defrost our cars and not be able to get the vitamin D we require from the sun! But a thought for today.

 

Why not take this time to plan your new Spring and summer, by planting some bulbs? My green fingers belong on someone else’s hands, I have no gardening skills at all and I’m fortunate to have a gardener that comes every now and again and my Hub and I try to do what we can in between. So, at the weekend, my gardener came and planted up some bulbs I had to get from the local shop as the ones I sent for from Amazon didn’t turn up. So, Bluebells, Daffodils, snowdrops and crocuses were in small plastic bags. Looking like cherry stones and some tiny shallots/small onions! Far from pretty, even further from fragrant. An yet hopefully, in a few months, what we will see/smell/feel, will be beautiful delicate blooms. Almost a miracle. People will look at my pots where they have been planted and I hope smile, it will make them feel good, I will smell the beautiful bluebells and from this I will know we are in for some sunshine, warm days and feel good. So, when we plant our bulbs, imagine what they will be like soon. How we will feel again, darkness shall be given a light and our senses will awaken for the new days ahead.

 

Next time you are feeling low, remember, you can be lifted. Someone somewhere will be there to lift you up from the devastated mind you have found yourself in. If right now you are saying, no, there is no one, well there is, me, and I know that you may have never met me, but I write for you. I receive emails from people who kindly say that the first thing they do is read my blogs in the mornings before work or even getting out of bed and my first thought is, oh, heck, smile, but then I am pleased that you can feel I will be here at the other side of cyber world. But I’m real. I’m not a robot. I’m a normal, well, normalish, person who talks to you as much as time will give me. You can subscribe to my blogs and this way you will receive more blogs than possibly you do now, as I don’t always share on other social media all of my blogs. Or, you can visit my facebook page where I publish my blogs.

 

Don’t get me wrong depression is my twin who I have found myself attached to since I was, I would guess, eleven. I have been so low to the ground, but like the bulbs I have bloomed again each year something wonderful happens and I reflect on my past when I was feeling so bad and thank our maker or whoever, for showing me something a sign that makes me grateful even for a short time.

 

I’m like a rowing boat, I’m floating down the river of time. Sometimes there are rocks that get in the way, other times I may get caught in the rivers reeds. But somehow, I free myself and I survive the hyperthermia of life!

 

I sit in my boat, listening to the birds, hearing the fish jumping and ducks cleaning their feathers. I don’t see pretty picturesque countryside, and I can and do get very sad about this, so badly I want to see beauty again, my views are restricted blocked, and replaced by words like blooms, flowers, trees colours like greens peaches and so on, and they are words, what I have to try to do is think about when I hear a bird, how do I feel? When I smell a flower, do I smile, do I feel calm when I hear long grasses blowing in a gentle summer wind?

 

Depression hurts. It can kill, certainly destroy your insides and mind effect family members, but this is when you have an important job to do and that is to battle with your mind and make sure you are the winner. I always say this, you never know what is around the corner, so make, and I mean, make force yourself to do something today that will make you feel pleased, proud, pleasant and perhaps hopeful. Tonight, when you lay your head upon your pillow, you will reflect on your day and you will be able to say to yourself, I did that. No one else but me. And, tomorrow, I shall do something else to make me feel the way I do right now and how I felt, when I did what I did. 

Something so small, can turn so very beautiful, just like the bulbs!

 

© Fiona Cummings

    

 

No comments: