translate

Saturday 23 September 2017

DIARY OF THE WEEKEND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A short blog today as my baby isn’t well again. Seriously, the quicker his girlfriend gets another job the better. since he has met her, he has been so ill and brings infections into our house, I wash door handles down and light switches all the time but nothing helps. I feel so helpless. He got sent home from work. He’s very clean always washing his hands, but I have seen Sham come from work and eat food without washing her hands. That includes cooking herself food so personally not sure if it’s that or something else that he has caught from someone else but all I know is, in the past seven or eight months, he has had more illnesses than he has had in his life. Shamrock works in a hospital and bless her, she does all the dirty jobs that no one else would do, no way I could do what she does, but someone has to, so thank God there are people who will do that work, but you have to be really clean as obviously, you pick up everything.

 

He’s not a little boy where I can tell him a story or tuck him in bed to make him feel loved, what can I do? He’s a tall twenty year old and I just feel like he is up there in bed on his own and I know what it’s like to be ill on my own, it’s not good. I’m wanting to give him some simple food and his Dad wants to starve him. Poor thing is hungry but he is being sick every half hour.

 

I have my washing out but it’s not drying, though its warm and sunny. I just think there comes a time of year when you have to revert to the dryer. Tomorrow is forecast to be dry, so my gardener is coming to do his thing.

 

Meeting friends later but if BW is still unwell, I will stay in. Our dogs are going on their free run tomorrow on the big field. They love it.

 

Hub came home last night, Little Fella came pouncing through the door, took off and landed all four paws on my knee. He gets so excited to be home. He has been a very good boy for two days so when he gets home from work, it’s as if, I’m home now, I can play with all of my toys, I don’t have to be on duty, I get a biscuit for being so good and I can get a tummy scratch, lay in my own bed and splatter a Wagga.

 

Waggs was pleased to see him. She spent all the night before running to the door to see if every single car that passed was carrying her Daddy and little Brother.  Her little face when reality kicked in was pitiful.

 

Hub has his football on and he is chilling in the conservatory and I’m thinking what to make for dinner tonight. Hub says he wants a Saturday tea.

O

K?

Answers on a postcard please?

 

Not sure what my poor Son will want. Hub says rice, right, I shall remember that when he, is ill. He’s not a Labrador you know love?

 

 When I was ill as a child the odd time I was ill when at home, as most of my sick days was spent at boarding school, well there you got cold comfort and cabbage but at home, it was chicken soup or cheese macaroni, not sure if that was good or bad, but it always made me feel at home. Comfort food.

 

Boy Wonder is still unwell with his throat as is Hub, though Hub is a bit better now but when he was away at his conference, he was really ill. He seems to have enjoyed it though, and the hotel sounded lovely as did his food.

 

Oh, I received the most beautiful email from my dearest Blogget and now beautiful soul friend from South Africa, gosh she is the most amazing correspondent I have and her words are like silk to touch, buttery mash potatoes to eat and pure nectar to drink. I eat drink and I’m touched by what she has to say, the way she writes too. Her brain is one of wonder, just beautiful and she could read the most boring thing even a phone number and the way she will deliver it, will hypnotise you. I’m constantly hungry for her words and I keep telling her that she should write, at least words to pass down to her family. I keep every single email from her and they are filed under her name and I shall treasure them for life. I love her dearly she is so special to me! Without my blogs I would have never known her.

 

OK I’m going to read the news and see what games are being played across the world then get on with today. I hope your weekend will be one full of smiles and peace. With love.

  

No comments: