translate

Friday 29 September 2017

ADVANCES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


ADVANCES BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The beauty that’s before me

Is the gift that I can see

A simple bird

Is what I heard

But now I know what he looks like

Each day I wake

My smiles not fake

I don’t start the morning with a fight

I see my clothes

My hair, my face

Outside my window a ruby rose

Shadows I don’t have to chase

I can go out knowing I will be safe

No more standing in the cold

Waiting for a buss

I can relax there’s no stress

But I have stories to be told

I will never take for granted the gift I have been given

And enjoy every moment of this new life

 I have found myself living

Looking and learning

No more pain, stomach burning

I’m free just look what’s in front of me

If only it wasn’t just a dream

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: