translate

Monday 4 September 2017

DELICIOUS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s almost one in the afternoon. I woke my Son up today wondering what time he started work? I asked him was he having breakfast before leaving? He replied yes. I said well you have 14 minutes to get up washed dressed and eat before getting into your car and getting to work in time.

“How many?”” He exclaimed! I repeated 14. Hahaha. You should have heard him across the wooden floor in his room dashing to get ready. I had made him a vegetarian bacon sandwich he loves vegetarian food. He has a very long day working until nine tonight.

 

Hub and I did two days in a row on the treadmill. This is good for us. Hub has the bug now though so there will be no stopping him. He needs to lose weight, as do I, but I’m a bit of a lost cause. At least I can go on now without feeling as if my heart is going to burst out of my chest.

 

Our meal on Saturday didn’t help our figure. I took out the middle of the tomatoes and filled them with pesto, then mixed some salad leaves with a dressing I made of honey and virgin oil. Some delicious fresh cucumber from someone my Husband knows at work who grows them and some spring onions and celery. Did some garlic bread and made some breaded brie? Oh, that was so good. I took a couple of beaten eggs in a dish, then another large open dish I put some breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, curly basil and plain flour with salt and lots of black pepper.  Rolled the cheese in the egg then the breadcrumb mixture then again egg then again, breadcrumbs. Then put them in the fridge for half an hour then into a hot oven. I can’t tell you how long I cooked them for I rarely time anything but not long, not long at all under fifteen minutes for sure, I would guess about eight minutes? Until they were crispy. I was afraid in case they went to mush but thankfully they were the same shape when they came out as they were when they went in.

 

I bought some chestnut mushrooms they were beautiful solid mushrooms. I washed them then put them in a pan of sizzling butter and sprinkled some black pepper and again once they were turned over some parmesan and garlic puree. I had made a quiche that day too so it was a dinner of a bit of everything and Hub said it was the best food he has had in over twenty years. Hahaha. I think his memory is going. Bless him. But I must say I surprised myself. I stole the idea from my neighbours who each brought some delicious food last week to the BBQ. Our street is so talented when it comes to cooking. As for our lovely Indian neighbours, I’m not even going to attempt their food. They are truly professionals.

 

Today I have a strange eye. It’s as if my eyelid has been punctured. It feels bruised too. May be the angels are working on my eyes when I sleep? I pray.

 

I have been connected with an old friend or two today on Facebook. The lads went to school with me. I have been trying to find them for years one in particular as he was in my class. I think I have befriended so many people thinking they were the person I went to school with. As well as the same name, the other people have the same job occupation too, so I guess it’s easy to get confused?

 

Sadly, we didn’t go to the school reunion. Long story and boring one too, but my heart was with them all day. There were four people there I really would have liked to see again. But my confidents died and circumstances forbid me from arranging anything. I know they all had a great time though and this makes me happy.

 

In our news, our Royals William and Kate are expecting their third child. And of course, there is the drama with North Korea. Seems like people are not happy unless they are destroying this beautiful land we have been given.

 

I guess I have to get back to work now. I have some writing to do for a University and a birthday poem to write for someone who bless her get’s me to write her Husband a poem every year.

 

Have a lovely week. Thank God we are safe and have fresh water and food.

 

 

No comments: