translate

Saturday 16 September 2017

DIARY OF MUD AND PUDDLEY PEOPLE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggetsfffff I hope I find you well. Last night we went out for a meal. Our lovely waiter looked as if he had been punched in the nose, it’s a very respectable restaurant, and knowing who goes in there I doubt very much it was the clientele. He looked so sad I felt really sorry for him. Anyway, a lovely meal was had by all. We went out with our neighbours. Then back to their house. I think I saw my Son for three and a half seconds yesterday. He is working today then no doubt he will be with Sham again. I wonder if I am the only parent in the world whose child spends every spare bit of time they have with their girl or boyfriend? I would hope that other kids spent time with friends, or doing things on their own, but not my Son. If she could work with him she would. As it is, if she is off work and he is working, she pops in to see him. Two words, suffer cation or love.

 

I have cooked dinners for him every day but one this week and he has left them in favour to eat at Shams. God knows what he has had but that is his choice, so from now on, he will make his own or he can eat there all the time as I am fed up of food being wasted. The other day they took a supper upstairs that shamrock brought. It was cheese from the oven, bread, garlic bread Pizza and dips. Oh, and a bag of something. We wondered where our dishes were, looked in BW’s room. They were there, full of left over food. I asked him to bring it downstairs? Two days later, he brought six cups and glasses down, but left plates full of sloppy food. Gross. Poor Hub moved it all. He almost was sick. I was furious. They think they are grown up an yet they do dirty tricks like that. So, from ow on they will be told they will eat downstairs. I really can’t imagine what their place will be like when they move in together.  

 

Talking of food, our friends called today to pick Hub up to go to a new butcher. Haha, well, firstly, I asked Hub to get stewing steak and chicken breasts. Also, to see if there are any pies. Secondly, just to put you in the picture, Hub goes mad with me I do the home shopping groceries and I buy in Hubs words, offers only. So, he says yes, we end up with eighteen toilet rolls or a huge box of soap powder, but food? Well, he doesn’t starve that’s for sure. So, Mr. Clever Clogs, went to buy food. Two and a half hours later, he came back. One bag of shopping. Guess what?

Four bars of chocolate.

A pack of yogurts

A box of chocolate biscuits and a tiny tub of cream cheese.

From the butchers?

 

Apparently, they couldn’t find the butchers but when they learned after driving for a while, it’s not opened yet. So, they went to Aldi’s. and Aldi’s don’t sell chicken breasts or stewing steak?

 Hub said not. They sold out. Yeah, right. Can he call my shopping habits now? I don’t think so.

 

 I read today that Aldi are bringing out a wine advent calendar this year. I have a friend who loves her wine, but if I were to give her this quirky gift, I don’t think she would stick to opening a door a day. One thinks that all doors / windows on the calendar will be open by the evening of the 1st of December.

 The dogs have been for a lovely run on the field. It’s raining though. Next weekend is going to be beautiful apparently.

 

In our news, today they have caught a terrorist who was one of who knows how many, who caused concern and pain on our Tube in London this week. These people will get caught I just wish they wouldn’t do it in the first place. Poor children on their way to school. A doctor on her way to work. Just normal people who haven’t done anything to anyone and don’t deserve such pain. No matter what country people come from if they are good people they don’t deserve pain or sadness.

 

So, what are you doing today? I hope there are some smiles in your day and peace in your night. Some words before I go.

“What happens to you isn’t important, how you react to what happens to you is important.””

“I like long walks, especially when they are taken by those who annoy me.”” There are plenty of people I could buy hiking boots for.

“The world is mud/lushes and puddled/wonderful.”” Well, to EE Cummings who said that, I agree, but some people in our world are just dam dumb, and undesirable.

Then there are others though who are cuddlesome and kind gentle and generous.

Later gators.

 

 

 

  

 

No comments: