translate

Sunday 10 September 2017

DIARY OF RICE ON THE MILL BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
Good day Bloggets. Today we have had views from the UK, US, Germany, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, South Africa, Ukraine, Canada and Australia. Again, I can only see the top ten. Yesterday we had views from Sweden, Norway, Russia, Spain and Italy as well as the every day Bloggets who frequent our page.

 

I’m sitting here trying to psych myself up to go and do some form of exercise on our treadmill. I’m so cold. I’m freezing, Hub and I are having a heating war. I turn it on, he turns it off. So far, I’m winning this round as he is in the garage and hasn’t heard the sound of the heating yet. It’s a quiet kind of sound that possibly only we can hear as it’s not necessarily a sound that sighted people need to hear really.

 

I wonder how the poor little pup is doing after yesterdays adventures. I think it could have been the title, but “Diary of the shock to come”” has received almost 300 views since yesterday. I’m sure he is fine and loved his day as normally he gets half an hour attention from one person, where as yesterdays fun and games I don’t think he will forget. I just hope our Son BW will not make a habit of it as I think I cleaned the floors four times yesterday. As for the stress level?

 

Some of you may wonder so, what was the shock? Well it was the fact I really didn’t know what my surprise was going to be and I really feared it was going to be a dog or rabbit or blooming barn owl my Son has wanted for him and Sham to have, for when they move in together.

 

They are due to go to Cuba on holiday in a few weeks. I fear that their holiday may have to be cancelled. Oh gosh, there will be nothing the matter if that happens as he is so looking forward to it, I’m not, I’m dreading him being away for so long. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about the poor people caught up in this dreadful hurricane. There was one man on our news, he was American sitting right on the edge of the shoreline. He was in a wheelchair with a life jacket next to him. He said he will wait and if he needs to put his jacket on he will then he will quote, bob along the water and wait to be rescued.

How stupid and irresponsible. And, where were his family? If that was my Dad or uncle or friend, I would really be cross with them and try to reason with them. What right has he to just think the rescue people are there to save people who are almost asking for trouble?

 

I had serious stress during the night I really did. My heart was pounding. BW came in at half two this morning he’d been to Shamrocks and he was quiet when he returned home, and the dog only barks when Sham is with him, LF doesn’t bark when our boy comes home alone. So, he was safe at home but I, still was anxious. Just thinking about the people going through hell right now and, the animals. That is really killing me. I have heard reports of people tying them to trees I have to ask why? Oh my, if it was my dog it would be with me at all times.

 

I just fear for people’s safety and think of those people who live on their own. Who can’t get out of the house easily and perhaps there are people such as rescue people who will take them to a safe zone, but then what? If they are disabled how do they manage? It was well after four this morning before I met with my dreams, and I can tell you now, they were not dreams that you would want to be a part of!

 

A friend of mine is out today with her dogs. She wrote she was walking in a forest then went to a village green had a drink from a nearby pub and listened to classical music. So simple, an yet for us so far away. One day though I dream. For us it was a walk to meet with a friend then the local shop via the lake. Lots of praying for sight and hoping for a breakthrough from our Scientists.  Until then, it’s the treadmill for me and then helping Hub as he is cooking today, first time in forever, well, months, and he is making the best risotto. It’s his signature dish. I love it the way he cooks it, I have been to very posh restaurants and by far Hubs is the best risotto you can get. He uses Arborio rice, cream, a stock cube and white wine. Normal cheese, mushrooms first fried in butter and topped with Parmesan and black pepper. There is some turkey in the fridge left over from last nights dinner, so I will put that in the others dinner separately. I’m super excited not to be cooking for the first time in ages. I think this is the first meal Hub has cooked on our new cooker. He will be amazed just how much better it is in comparison to the last cooker. Or I should say in this case, hob.

 

I love our new kitchen, well, when I say new, it’s been a few months now. But it’s so wonderful though there are mistakes our failing joiner made, in general it’s a lovely kitchen but that is down to our design and the quality of the kitchen units and electrical goods we bought such as the fridge and freezer. They are the really tall ones and they are so handy for us not being able to see, because we can meal plan and put different kinds of meals on different shelves. I think we have seven in our fridge and three, stay fresh drawers which I have to say are amazing as the fruit and vegetables as well as salads really do keep fresh for longer.

 

OK, I’m off in the hall of hell. Well, our garage to try to move. I told Hub I have walked today for forty minutes, but he said not fast and to get fitter and loss weight, I have to walk fast. I tell you, if it’s down to me walking fast to lose weight, I need a new body and, I shouldn’t be eating the meal he is going to cook tonight. Laters Gators.

 

 

  

No comments: